Uglyboat Admiration Society Hang Out

Veeger

Super Anarchist
Ya know.... I think we'd all love to live the life.... Breakfast in my full size aft cabin with all the nifty windows viewing the wake and then stepping up on the quarterdeck to the cry of "Sail Ho!"

Bob, we will need that put into a nice, tidy little vessel about 30' loa and budgeted for about $50k max...

NO???

Hmmm, how about 35' loa......?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You know, I finally had a candidate for the thread, but I didn't have the heart.

Imagine someone took a nice little West Wight Potter. Really, thats what they started with. New owner says PT added 200 pounds of concrete ballast to get her to float nose down, so when the owner got it, it would level out. Then paint it all over in contrasting brown house paint. Latex from what I could tell, remove the rig and replace with a non-tapered alumn tube, painted brown of course, and now un-stayed, so you can put a tanbark (brown) junk rigged sail with real wood battens. Remove all running rigging and replace with traditional hemp. Fancy up your blocks by putting wooden cheeks on them. Remove any hatches and replace with wooden hatches, using firehose as hinges. While you're at it, take little pieces of firehose and tack it down wherever they may be any chafe, paint the firehose brown...

Add galvanized horn cleats all over the boat, for no apparent reason - and don't forget to paint them brown...

Oh, and too add insult to injury, use camo tarps for your mainsail cover. (Is a junk rigged main, still a main?)

And just to add more insult to injury, decide to launch and store in the water, but don't add any antifouling.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
You know, I finally had a candidate for the thread, but I didn't have the heart.

Imagine someone took a nice little West Wight Potter. Really, thats what they started with. New owner says PT added 200 pounds of concrete ballast to get her to float nose down, so when the owner got it, it would level out. Then paint it all over in contrasting brown house paint. Latex from what I could tell, remove the rig and replace with a non-tapered alumn tube, painted brown of course, and now un-stayed, so you can put a tanbark (brown) junk rigged sail with real wood battens. Remove all running rigging and replace with traditional hemp. Fancy up your blocks by putting wooden cheeks on them. Remove any hatches and replace with wooden hatches, using firehose as hinges. While you're at it, take little pieces of firehose and tack it down wherever they may be any chafe, paint the firehose brown...

Add galvanized horn cleats all over the boat, for no apparent reason - and don't forget to paint them brown...

Oh, and too add insult to injury, use camo tarps for your mainsail cover. (Is a junk rigged main, still a main?)

And just to add more insult to injury, decide to launch and store in the water, but don't add any antifouling.
Oh...come on, Razor. Now that's the biggest tease yet. We DEFINITELY need to see a pic of that boat!

MisterMoon

Super Anarchist

Oh...come on, Razor. Now that's the biggest tease yet. We DEFINITELY need to see a pic of that boat!
+1

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Yep - you got it.

Problem is, the guy I was helping out owns that "other" site, and he's not going to take a photo and send over it over here, and I don't get over there too often….

py26129

Super Anarchist
Montreal
While we're waiting for Razor to take a pic, here is one to tide us all over. S2 8.0 Center Cockpit. The broker described it as "beautiful"

blueox1127-1325019653-d_pic.jpg

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I went to the S2 factory. I was designing a new boat for them, 28' center cockpit as I recall. I still have the drawings and it looks pretty good. If a 28' cc can look good.

What puzzles me is that a company that built some very attractive powerboats could build this little suppository of a boat.

I mean, at some point during the building of the plugs someone or some group of guys had to have stepped back and said, "Oh yeah, that looks good."

Last edited by a moderator: