Uglyboat Admiration Society Hang Out

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
While we're waiting for Razor to take a pic, here is one to tide us all over. S2 8.0 Center Cockpit. The broker described it as "beautiful"

blueox1127-1325019653-d_pic.jpg
"The broker described it as beautiful"?

Please don't tell me you went to look at it! ;)
If I had looked at it, I'd have posted the pic in the Cool boats thread. :D
Ha, that's funny! ... Social suicide!!
Reminds me of the joke that the only thing that "goes" with Crocs footwear is "social ostracism".

I sailed an S2 9.2 A once, wasn't awful, but those small CC boats they made sure have a 'look' don't they ? and not a good one.

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
Someone actually put pen to paper and said "yea, that’ll look good"

That worries me.

Separated at birth?

original_trekka1.jpg
Idiosyncratic, maybe. Anything that has gone around the world under sail can't be bone ugly. It is very much an artifact of a particular design phase that to us looks a little odd.

Soñadora

Super Anarchist

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Sons:

I think it has sort of late '50's early '60's kind of panache in a very tacky way. I can see a little counter below with a grey formica top. There are little red and yellow boomerangs in the formica. Remember those?

Soñadora

Super Anarchist
Sons:

I think it has sort of late '50's early '60's kind of panache in a very tacky way. I can see a little counter below with a grey formica top. There are little red and yellow boomerangs in the formica. Remember those?
hah..yeah, I can totally picture that counter. With stainless edging and shiny mustard colored upholstery for the settee.

Maxx Baqustae

Super Anarchist
Canadian Southwest
While we're waiting for Razor to take a pic, here is one to tide us all over. S2 8.0 Center Cockpit. The broker described it as "beautiful"

blueox1127-1325019653-d_pic.jpg
"The broker described it as beautiful"?

Please don't tell me you went to look at it! ;)
If I had looked at it, I'd have posted the pic in the Cool boats thread. :D
Ha, that's funny! ... Social suicide!!
Reminds me of the joke that the only thing that "goes" with Crocs footwear is "social ostracism".

I sailed an S2 9.2 A once, wasn't awful, but those small CC boats they made sure have a 'look' don't they ? and not a good one.
I sailed on one too...well, I was on one on the dock really but it was a tippy canoe with good reason. Stubby keel and a second floor. Sorta like the Buccaneer footballs. Too bad really as S2/Tiara build quality product. Too bad about an abortion of a design.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
Sons:

hah..yeah, I can totally picture that counter. With stainless edging and shiny mustard colored upholstery for the settee.
With black and white square floor tiles and three china flying ducks on the bulkhead. It's all coming back guys... and even now it's still VERY, very cool. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator: