Uglyboat Admiration Society Hang Out

Elegua

Generalissimo
The gentleman's Mac26. Love that aspect ratio on the rig.

Rosie%2525202%2525281%252529.jpg
Not one but two masts on a motorboat! But it looks like they are sailing (extremely slowly) without the engine running and I actually like the boat. Possibly because it's carrying two small boats.

That's why it's for gentlemen....just look at that wake - see how it's side slipping in such low breeze?

hard aground

Super Anarchist
It's a lovely home-built steel tri. The interesting part is the "foldable" amas allow it to fit in a normal sized slip. The less interesting: I don't remember what sized pate thickness was used but lets just be safe and say it's thicker than it really needs to be. By quite a bit. The rig is off an Ericsson 28. This boat should be in a commercial for Honda. It's powered by an outboard 8 that actually moves it at a relatively decent clip. Sailing isn't so quick.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Schnick:

The funny thing is that someties when I think about Eddie I have hard time remembering if was an orange deck on a blue hull or a blue deck on an orange hull.

Either way it doesn't work.

Thanks for the reminder.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
The blue one is uglier and from the waterline stain it appears to have been ass heavy, but having a waterline stain rules it out as a complete failure. Lots of failed metal boats never go in the water at all.