Ukraine and Only Ukraine. If it isn't about Ukraine then fuck off

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW

'Igor "Strelkov" Girkin should worry.'

Hopefully this does create some turmoil in Moscow. And yes it seems perfectly possible it was an FSB hit, why not?

The official line is that 'She never drove her father's car' and 'He decided at the last moment to take another ride home.' For all we know, she had been driving that car for years, starting ever since her father became too drug-addled to be able to drive himself, and she left the 'party' at 9pm because he was under the table drunk again and she got fed up and just left him there so she could continue her evening in Moscow instead. And the bombers saw her leave alone, followed her, then hit the trigger when she on-ramped to the highway. It could be anything!

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I take that as a "no".
Will agree with that and hope the UKR govt was not directly involved. If they are on UKR territory, well maybe that changes things.

If there is any saving grace about the shitshow hell in UKR it is that there appears to be an understanding so far that the conflict will be confined to that area. Putin may understand this; any successor may not.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
If Putin is not a legitimate target, then the distance doesn't matter.

Is Putin a legitimate target for assassination by Ukrainian forces?
I take that as a "no".

I'm asking YOUR opinion.
IMHO yes Putin is a legitimate enemy target, therefor people who are politically important enough to Russia's war effort, close to Putin, may also be deemed legitimate targets.

Was Dugin? I don't know enough about the specifics of what she did, but it's certainly possible IMHO. It's also possible she annoyed Putin and he had it done. Or it could have been that she had run up huge gambling debts. I dunno. But if it was a war operation, I'm not going to condemn UKR for it.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
I'm asking YOUR opinion.
IMHO yes Putin is a legitimate enemy target, therefor people who are politically important enough to Russia's war effort, close to Putin, may also be deemed legitimate targets.

Was Dugin? I don't know enough about the specifics of what she did, but it's certainly possible IMHO. It's also possible she annoyed Putin and he had it done. Or it could have been that she had run up huge gambling debts. I dunno. But if it was a war operation, I'm not going to condemn UKR for it.
Yeah, I know you wish to form my opinion around a yes or no question related to Putin and unrelated to the matter we are discussing. Not playing that game.

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
So Putin had a motive to kill one of his cheerleaders??

"Every single warlord was assassinated." With Strelkov still breathing?

Jesus...
I’m no expert but I thought the Soviet way of doing things was disappearing people or poisoning ? Not a movie style blowing up on the motorway which seems like a psychological tactic by an outside group whoever that may be

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Yeah, I know you wish to form my opinion around a yes or no question related to Putin and unrelated to the matter we are discussing. Not playing that game.
Sorry, I thought that was the matter we were discussing.

I’m no expert but I thought the Soviet way of doing things was disappearing people or poisoning ? Not a movie style blowing up on the motorway which seems like a psychological tactic by an outside group whoever that may be

Hell, it's Russia. Nobody knows for sure and if somebody claims they do, it's probably an indication that what they say is what DIDN'T happen.

Maybe she stiffed her coke dealer. I'm just not in favor of criticising UKR for it, when 1- it's unlikely they did it, from what do know, and 2- if they did, it's also likely that she's a legit target.

jhc

Super Anarchist

This.
An obvious false flag op. The russian resistance does not have the ability to pull off this kind of complex scheme.
Has multiple upsides for putin:
Creates a "martyr" for the state, that can be publicized. Unlike the casualties of the Ukraine war.
He can't be happy with his "brain" getting him involved with the debacle of the Ukraine war.
Furthers russian paranoia of vulnerability to attack in the homeland.
Promotes a popular excuse to continue his genocide of Ukraine.

On the other hand there is very little up side for Ukraine.