Ukraine and Only Ukraine. If it isn't about Ukraine then fuck off

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
When discussing the war in Ukraine, as with any other issue, it's important to recognize that at some point Tom will mention His Precious battlefield .22, so please thank him for bringing that into a discussion yet again.
Everyone is saying it! Of course, that's the only proof.

The proof that grabbers bring up my gun heresy in unrelated threads appears over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, to list just a few of the examples since I pointed out to Bus Driver that

grabbers bring up guns in unrelated discussions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Just to list a few recent examples, one of which of course came from you.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
72DA331B-E9BE-4EE3-9CD1-52C6BF12FFD7.jpeg

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Three drones; 2 into Putin's dachas, whichever ones are easily within range...one into the government-supplied apartment building in Moscow that Putin can use but pretty surely never does.

Grog

Anarchist's Anarchist
Germany
When discussing the war in Ukraine, as with any other issue, it's important to recognize that at some point Tom will mention His Precious battlefield .22, so please thank him for bringing that into a discussion yet again.

Poor Tom seems to have totally missed the 6.102 trend ...

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
The US State Department approved Poland’s request to buy 112 000 M829 depleted uranium APFSDS rounds for tanks. USA previously had a policy of not exporting DU rounds, even to its closest allies. It will allow Poland to destroy the front armor of Russian T-90 tanks.

Russia has to renew their fleet of tanks due to destruction numbers at the front.
Instead of building more T-90 they need to redesign. Better cope cages too. Wil take longer and higher costs.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Anyone really think Russia can build back better?

Their population and brain drain, ruined economy and systemic corruption probably prevents them from achieving much without change of leadership and government structure.

I think they are toast. Fragmentation is more likely, with thousands of ICBMs and nuclear warheads fueling terrorism around the world.

This ain’t gonna end well.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
The US State Department approved Poland’s request to buy 112 000 M829 depleted uranium APFSDS rounds for tanks. USA previously had a policy of not exporting DU rounds, even to its closest allies. It will allow Poland to destroy the front armor of Russian T-90 tanks.

Russia has to renew their fleet of tanks due to destruction numbers at the front.
Instead of building more T-90 they need to redesign. Better cope cages too. Wil take longer and higher costs.

I've only got the vaguest idea what they laminate into the M1 Abrams, but it's the shizzle: very difficult to penetrate, disperses heat, inflammable, great structural properties (contrary to popular belief, armor plate steel is not particularly strong). Official word is that only 1 Abrams tank has been penetrated by enemy fire in it's history (it's construction has been revised/improved several times) and that was a multiple hit... and the crew survived.

Given all, I would bet a lot that the Leopord II is a superb tank.

There has been a lot of discussion of tanks on the modern battlefield, some saying they are obsolete etc etc. I don't believe so, obsolete tanks are obsolete. And tanks have always had to minimize their vulnerabilities, operate with air cover and infantry screen etc etc. Just driving down the road in Indian country in a tank because you feel bulletproof has always been a dumb idea.

Good thing the Russians are too proud to copy other peoples' successful designs.

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
There is a French 4-part series on the history of tanks that is currently on Netflix in Canada. I learned a lot from hit including that Germany and the Soviet Union were cooperating on tank design in the late 1920s at a site in the USSR. They also go into the development of tank armour including the recent stuff.

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
Anyone really think Russia can build back better?

Their population and brain drain, ruined economy and systemic corruption probably prevents them from achieving much without change of leadership and government structure.

I think they are toast. Fragmentation is more likely, with thousands of ICBMs and nuclear warheads fueling terrorism around the world.

This ain’t gonna end well.
If the rumours that the mobilization disproportionately targetted certain ethnic groups and regions in Russia are true, and enough of their boys come back in boxes, loyalty to the Kremlin is likely to evaporate.