Ukraine and Only Ukraine. If it isn't about Ukraine then fuck off

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Computes a hell of a lot better than signing an agreement but stopping the shipments with artillery does.
Remember when Putin was saying they weren't going to invade when they were clearly planning, preparing and then invading? This is mixed messaging, a hallmark of Russian as opposed to Soviet propaganda.

I'll bet you a used starboard crossing that grain ships never leave port, never even arrive.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Remember when Putin was saying they weren't going to invade when they were clearly planning, preparing and then invading? This is mixed messaging, a hallmark of Russian as opposed to Soviet propaganda.

I'll bet you a used starboard crossing that grain ships never leave port, never even arrive.
I suspect grain ships will leave port.
But they won't contain Ukrainian grain....

Olsonist

New Oak City
Damn the legalities, Russia needs some money....
You're processing this rationally using your academic and professional training.
But the Russians are instead trying to fuck with the way the Ukrainian populace (and the West) thinks,
by giving them something they want and then taking it away, by fucking with their reality.
It has nothing to do with money.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
You're processing this rationally using your academic and professional training.
But the Russians are instead trying to fuck with the way the Ukrainian populace (and the West) thinks,
by giving them something they want and then taking it away, by fucking with their reality.
It has nothing to do with money.
Psychology before money....

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Reports from a couple of writers I follow who know their stuff - report one comes from a fighter in Donbas saying they are very happy that Ukraine fighters are flying over their positions on a regular basis. Which brings up the 2nd: The US & Nato have sent 80 Mig-29s to Ukraine on the downlow with some listed as "parts". Ukraine has done a great job keeping their planes intact by among other things parking under underpasses to keep them hidden. Not going to go dig up the links since I read these while mobile so take it for what you want. I have no reason to question or disbelieve either one.
slava Ukraine
That's awesome!

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert

THIS^^! I said to myself when they announced the deal..... "Self, I'll believe it when I see it".

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Agree that is psy war.

On the other hand, some African countries claimed they were the guys responsible for this deal and saving their voters from starvation.
Most of the leaders are silent Russia supporters. Stupid to claim something they did not do. They are fucked over by Russia as well.

The effect of psy war can be limited in time, so would not be surprised that in a few weeks ships will be sailing.
Or not.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Agree that is psy war.

On the other hand, some African countries claimed they were the guys responsible for this deal and saving their voters from starvation.
Most of the leaders are silent Russia supporters. Stupid to claim something they did not do. They are fucked over by Russia as well.

The effect of psy war can be limited in time, so would not be surprised that in a few weeks ships will be sailing.
Or not.

I hope you're right.

I also think this kind of schrecklichtheidt tends to backfire.

Olsonist

New Oak City
Agree that is psy war.

Or not.
Agreed. At the same time, the whole conception of this war is stupid. It was stupid before it started and no one could believe Putin would go through with it because it was so stupid. He's in a much worse place strategically (Finland+Sweden are joining NATO and his army is shown to be Potemkin conscripts). He's in a much worse place economically with sanctions, seizures and an economy itself in free fall. He's in a much worse place diplomatically with even Russia curious countries (Israel) abandoning him and a West united against him.

Yeah, this psy-ops tactic is so very cute. Limited in time overrates it. Sometimes their stuff works brilliantly, for example Belarus 2020. This time, it's not going to work and then as you point out, the Africans who are Russia curious are going to be pissed.

Putin was smarter than W the Stupid and he was smarter than Shitstain. But he's not smart. Funny thing is that I used to think he was. But he was just surrounded by some smart technocrats (Nabiullina was well thought of) who are now shoved off to the side. Left to himself, unchecked by actual smart people, he's pretty stupid.

Last edited:

Mark_K

Super Anarchist

I don't recall Putin saying they weren't going to invade during the build-up.

Olsonist

New Oak City

Mark_K

Super Anarchist

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
DarthPutin;
Months - 5
Victories - 0
Casualties - 40,000+
Dead Generals - Lost Count
Goodwill Gestures - 1 (so far)
Economy - Tanking
Capital Ships - 1 fewer
Finland & Sweden - NATO
War crimes - Countless
Genocides - In progress
Odessa - Bombed
HIMARS - o'clock

I remain a master strategist

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
The thing of it is-Putin wants starvation in Africa and the Middle East, to drive the refugee crises in Western Europe.
Which could backfire, it cost an eaverage refugee from Africa at least 5000 up to 10.000 Euro to reach Europe. If they starve they do not have money. How wealthier they became the more ecenomic refugees went to the EU. Weird but true. Family stood guarentee for the money thinking the one send would become rich. Nope.

Olsonist

New Oak City
They typically deny anything at all happened when they screw up too.
Yep, they'll deny anything at all happened in Odesa as well and then blame the Ukes for not shipping.
The trouble with these psyops tactics is they're probably more effective in politics (e.g. Belarus, 2016).
But in the case of a war war where the civilian populace is completely bought in, it isn't going to work.
I don't think the Africans will be very impressed either.

But psyops is what they have and so psyops is what they'll do.