Ukraine

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Putin is a master strategic thinker;
FWQffPoXwAEefe2

High military spending brought the USSR down, now Russia has to react to this when this built up starts in the coming years.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
More rubbish:
The russians bombarded a mall in Kremenchuck killing more then thousand civilians at once.
That is against the Geneva convention.

I think it's time to intervene and beat the russians on Ukraine territory.
Air supremacy, destruction artillery, cut off suplies and demand surrender of remaining troops.
With risk of WW III.

Last edited:

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Putin is a master strategic thinker;
FWQffPoXwAEefe2

High military spending brought the USSR down, now Russia has to react to this when this built up starts in the coming years.
"High military spending brought the USSR down, now Russia has to react to this when this built up starts in the coming years."

Didn't help in WW1.
Strangely as is seems we first have to beat them and help them great financially afterwards.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
"High military spending brought the USSR down, now Russia has to react to this when this built up starts in the coming years."

Didn't help in WW1.
Strangely as is seems we first have to beat them and help them great financially afterwards.
Russia was forced to withdraw from WW1 when the Russian people rebelled against the Czar, so the WW1 reference confuses me. Can you expand on that?

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
The russians bombarded a mall in Kremenchuck killing more then thousand civilians at once.

The assertion is that there were 1000 people in the mall when it was hit, not that they were all killed. Let's hope it was a lot less.

I wonder if Russia will be claiming the missile was fired by Ukraine, as they have done previously.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
The assertion is that there were 1000 people in the mall when it was hit, not that they were all killed. Let's hope it was a lot less.

I wonder if Russia will be claiming the missile was fired by Ukraine, as they have done previously.
Up to now, 10 killed, 40 injured.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Russia was forced to withdraw from WW1 when the Russian people rebelled against the Czar, so the WW1 reference confuses me. Can you expand on that?
It's a analogy but somewhat complicated. After WW1 the Germans were financialy humiliated beyond means.
Ended in WWII. Do not think it's logical science.

The french have a word for it.
Haute finance.

Last edited:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
It's a analogy but some what complicated. After WW1 the Germans were financialy humiliated beyond means.
Ended in WWII. Do not think it's logical science.

The french have a word for it.
Haute finance.
If you let a convict out of prison before they are rehabilitated, they almost always go right back to crime. It's odd to blame the judge for the harshness of a murderer's sentence.

The world had no appetite for policing Versailles, and the result was the war. Had the signatories to the treaty done their fucking jobs, Germany would have been occupied again and Hitler thrown in prison in 1933 and all noncompliant materiel destroyed.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The cost in lives and treasure from the war is what brought the Romanov down. Russians win wars only when someone else pays for them.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Navalny is controlled opposition. There hasn't been any credible opposition to Putin since 2015. He murdered, intimidated, arrested dozens of politicians who beat his party in elections, they are all gone.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
The world had no appetite for policing Versailles, and the result was the war. Had the signatories to the treaty done their fucking jobs, Germany would have been occupied again and Hitler thrown in prison in 1933 and all noncompliant materiel destroyed.

This is exactly correct. Although it wasn't just laziness on the part of the Versailles signatories. There were a lot of economic and political difficulties. For example, here in the USA not only did we have the restraints imposed by the Depression but a large political faction that agreed with Hitler.

Sort of like the way we are struggling economically with the aftermath of the Covid pandemic and a political faction that wants Putin to win

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I mentioned upthread meeting an Italian leftist again, who surprisingly despite that leaning drove a black Ferrari to our October lunch date in Rome for a catch up, and i got hooked into a monthly newsfeed his UNFAO-related organization sends. Disagree with much of this included link but maybe the final para is worth considering - food for thought.