Ukraine

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I found this interesting, about the resistance in the occupied regions.

Read it, yes interesting. A few people can do a lot of damage, for sure.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Russian MP Evgeny Popov tells Newshour on
@bbcworldservice
: "We have attacked military infrastructure at Odessa port & destroyed harpoon missiles there. "We are following the Istanbul deal and cargo ships are ready to send grain out.”

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
This guy is saying, for the second day in a row, that UKR will be receiving A-10's and possibly even F16's. That would signal a big shift.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
too black for wood
too white for tires
too vertical for most normal fires
top has a mushroom puff
Most everyone seems to agree it was an intentional missile strike on the Port facilities, which sucks. Otoh, as soon as that port were to become 'protected' then guess where UKR would stage Harpoons and such? I pray they can get all the food out but this is not a good start..

barfy

Super Anarchist
Continuing work on the bridges on the Kherson front, now split into east and west. Perhaps the "feint" of publishing warning of impending attack was to draw in as many orcs as possible before cutting them off from Mordor and sending them on their way. Too bad about that damn dam holding up the demolition work.
Slava Ukraine

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Russian media reporting Ukraine has hit the bridge by the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric dam and another bridge over the Ingulets river. They are 2 of the only 3 crossing points for Russia to supply Kherson. A local official says the Kakhovskaya bridge is damaged- the dam itself not.

Russia are preparing pontoon bridge, next target. And there is a rail bridge too.

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
30-mm gun 2A42 of a RU BMP-2

FYaWhaOXkAEI8m3.png

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
One report had it that some Russian said they were aiming at Harpoons. WTF knows.. the guy was likely saying what he was told to say, by some other f-up who had no idea from the battle zone either.
They actually said they had destroyed the Harpoons. But there was no report of a secondary explosion.

Tbh I'm not convinced the port would be such a good place for Harpoons anyway. Too many cranes and stuff to hit when launched. With negligible RU air recon I'd suggest they were hidden out on a quieter part of coast

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Its beginning to feel like a momentum shift for me.
RU have been stopped in the East now for a while, whereas UKR are making slow progress in the Kherson area. UKR have clearly used the HIMARS to good effect in destroying ammo dumps and command posts. If they have or will sufficiently damage the bridges to Kherson area to prevent effective RU supplies and reinforcements then they could re-capture Kherson itself. That would be a huge blow to RU.

And would free a lot of UKR troops up to counter-attack to the east

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Plenty of it in the parks I've visited, at least. ;-)
What, gas? :) I have a cord of wood coming, to add to my silly survivalist pile. But seriously, if Germany can't get gas this winter, well... Folks are gonna freeze! It's a scary potential.

I have 'bragged' about the nicely moderate Seattle-area summer so far but starting tomorrow we are gonna cook for 3 days, will be around 95F. Yikes... No firewood will help that, just a big electric bill to keep the A/C cranked, hope it can keep up.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
What, gas? :) I have a cord of wood coming, to add to my silly survivalist pile. But seriously, if Germany can't get gas this winter, well... Folks are gonna freeze! It's a scary potential.

Before the war, 55% of Germany's gas came from Russia and 27% of its energy came from gas. It's unlikely private homes will freeze. Gas-intensive industries having to shut down is however a distinct possibility.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
I have 'bragged' about the nicely moderate Seattle-area summer so far but starting tomorrow we are gonna cook for 3 days, will be around 95F. Yikes... No firewood will help that, just a big electric bill to keep the A/C cranked, hope it can keep up.
That'll help the energy shortage and global warming

Latest posts