Ukraine

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Again, my place like many around here uses gas for central heating and for the water heater. Received a bill just now and since it's handy, here's how much it varies between summer and winter. I feel for Germany too..

1659123883092.png

Last edited:

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist

Ishmael

Fuctifino
there was that video the other day of the Russian State TV talk programme saying that the west was doomed to extinction because we have so many LGBT people that our birth-rate would tend to zero.

Curiously coincidentally, Margarine Trailer Grease was parroting that very same line a few weeks ago. She must have got her talking points from Vlad early.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Fan heaters and wood are the new toilet paper. Totally ridiculous.
What's your German alternative to wood when you have no gas or electricity in the middle of winter?

Am no big fan of wood but since we have more than we know what to do with, well... it beats burning toilet paper rolls. I asked months ago, probably in this thread, wth Germany would do if P cut off energy supplies to Germany; I forget your response but am happy to look that up if you'd like me to.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
What's your German alternative to wood when you have no gas or electricity in the middle of winter?
Wind, solar, hydro, nuclear.
Of course all required planning not to be dependent on Putin and other oil despots and other environmentally destructive sources
Though, they are 100% better than US, and not lagging globally

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Of course all required planning not to be dependent on Putin and other oil despots and other environmentally destructive sources
Agreed completely.

But for this coming winter, from the article SBD posted,

Germans have a specific word to talk about supply security — Versorgungssicherheit — which implies a fear of not having enough of something in stock. During the pandemic, German's worried about their toilet paper supplies. Now, it's wood.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
To not get bombed.
Nobody wants to get bombed. Non statement. You make stuff up.
I didn't say it did. Some are enthusiastically cooperating with the occupying Russians. So some do, some don't.
So why bring it up again and agian. The war changed a lot.

ok, thanks. (what I was looking for was the actual sourcing behind that 2nd or 3rd 'reporting')

Nice hyphens, and for everything you say you post full sources please. Second time you ask for my sources while you accept propaganda from others.
FY59GkzX0AEbF4L

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist

Am no big fan of wood but since we have more than we know what to do with, well... it beats burning toilet paper rolls. I asked months ago, probably in this thread, wth Germany would do if P cut off energy supplies to Germany; I forget your response but am happy to look that up if you'd like me to.
See below, e2 has it right.
Plus the Russian gas in the storage tanks that we are already filling up now, plus LNG, LPG, oil, coal :cry:. We are now adding coal power plants to the grid that have been decommissioned not too long ago.

Last edited:

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
So why bring it up again and agian. The war changed a lot.

Because you chose to reply to me on that very point. You did so in bold which is rude.

I think, LeoV, I am giving up on attempting a dialogue with you. Just as in the Brexit thread, you can't tolerate any opinion that isn't precisely the same as yours, even when 99% of your views are shared. It's just fucking boring.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
See a notification that Estar quite me, but can not see it. New forum software glitch ?? Ah, he ignored me.

Dogwatch, stop discussing then with me. If I note a questionable or debatable fact presented by you, you get very defensive.
You tied ethnic Russian, to Pro Russian parties to help for Russians in one sentence. Many Ethnic Russians would take affront to this. Enough of them fighting against Russia. While your point that some in occupied Kherson will help the Russians is true, your line of thought is to simplistic. That is all.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
See a notification that Estar quite me, but can not see it. New forum software glitch ?? Ah, he ignored me.

Dogwatch, stop discussing then with me. If I note a questionable or debatable fact presented by you, you get very defensive.
You tied ethnic Russian, to Pro Russian parties to help for Russians in one sentence. Many Ethnic Russians would take affront to this. Enough of them fighting against Russia. While your point that some in occupied Kherson will help the Russians is true, your line of thought is to simplistic. That is all.
My general impression is that you are so far microscopic into the details (the weeds?) on the warfare and killing aspect of this subject, that you are unwilling to entertain opinions about the larger picture. Even when it is about how civilians in Kherson are very-naturally most worried about getting bombed, you attack even that?

Get a grip..

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
See below, e2 has it right.

Plus the Russian gas in the storage tanks that we are already filling up now, plus LNG, LPG, oil, coal :cry:. We are now adding coal power plants to the grid that have been decommissioned not too long ago.
Besides their own domestic needs Europe may have to find a way to supply about a third of Ukraines NG needs this winter. Gotta hunch Vladi ain't gonna sell them any and Ukraine's domestic production is about 2/3rds of what they use.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.

Leo, would you mind to double check this?

It wouldn't make any sense to react to your post (#3,848), and then put you on 2-way ignore, so that you cannot see that post.
Maybe a case of forum rage or so.

Estar posted (#3853)
well, there is a reason for this - something you might want to reflect on

but I doubt you will.
If indeed he put you on 2-way ignore you will not see this quote. So, this is what he said:

”well, there is a reason for this - something you might want to reflect on

but I doubt you will."

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
He blocked me. He was rude before when he fell for the 4 crossing, 1 failed, 3 successful. I said it was Russian propaganda copied by someone here without checking it, and I had to prove that. Proving the thing that did not happen...
I can handle that. Not important. But even after months that is was clearly fakenews, no excuse or even a mention. And now this. Just not impressed. Let him block me. If he ask me for a source, then I can ask him for sources. If he can not handle that, fine.

But he has clearly a river crossing fetish. Got some news that he can not see. The damage is more extensive to that rail road bridge then it looks on first glance. On twitter a video goes around, a Russian filmed it.