Ukraine

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Arestovych on Kherson: "No point waiting for quick radical changes. This is a long story. Russians have 25-30 BTGs there, knocking them out quickly won't work. But what will work is to open up their logistics and smash it with artillery and HIMARS".

Bringing the supply routes into artillery control other then Himars would be great. Crossroads, bridges, stations...That they are on the attack means one thing too, they integrated the NATO stuff. I have seen Dutch and Polish equipment used. And the Ruskies do not like the newer fixed winged drones. Harder to bring down and staying longer overhead.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Just wondering if Gorbachev was dementing, or more likely was silenced by Pootin. Apparently he somewhat supported the Crimean "Referendum", despite having an Ukrainean mother and wife.
Critical Ukrainian voices here;

For a historical perspective, DW is likely to be a good source:

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
when he ran for president in I believe 1993 he wanted to transform Russia to a kind of political system as in the Nordic countries. Democratic but social. Ending the Chechen war. He was up against nationalist warmongering opponents talking about Mother Russia.
Russia only gave him 0.5% of the votes. They wanted an autocrat, and they got him. This is not Putin's war, it is Russia that for decades wanted a strong autocrat. Everytime he invaded some country, support went up. Now they got dragged into a long war that is not going well.

barfy

Super Anarchist

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
when he ran for president in I believe 1993 he wanted to transform Russia to a kind of political system as in the Nordic countries. Democratic but social. Ending the Chechen war. He was up against nationalist warmongering opponents talking about Mother Russia.
Russia only gave him 0.5% of the votes. They wanted an autocrat, and they got him. This is not Putin's war, it is Russia that for decades wanted a strong autocrat. Everytime he invaded some country, support went up. Now they got dragged into a long war that is not going well.

Russian culture, and political tastes, are shaped by their history. True of any country, in Russia's case a strong autocrat has always been the people's protection against rapacious landowners and local businessmen and lower-level politicians. When a ruthless king keeps the middle class downtrodden, the middle class does not stomp on the peasants quite so much.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Maybe Ukraine is lucky with Putin, a more capable ethno nationalist with real military experience could have taken Kyiv, instead of attacking on all fronts.

Olga Skabeyeva's latest: "If we had the power, we would have hit their decision-making centres long ago. But we don't. And our president is the main humanitarian!"

barfy

Super Anarchist
Another fine piece from Nastya, first time I've seen her without a helmet. Some interesting comments on Girkin, I believe we have discussed him here previously.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
claims that Ukr has not only damaged all the bridges enough, but has also sunk the pontoon bridge (see below).

Also many reports that Ru now having to buy weapons from NK to make up their shortfalls. So as Ukr gets more and more better NATO weapons, Ru will get worse. On top of plenty of evidence of existing shortfalls (from various Ru military bloggers), poor morale (e.g. one regt, i think it was the 127, refused to fight), and advances being made by Ukr. If they do trap and capture a lot of Rus troops (possibly thousands) on the wrong bank in Kherson Oblast then it would be very embarrassing for Putin, as well as being tactically disastrous.

1662467107763.png

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
Looks like Ukraine has got in behind Izym and taken Volokhiv Yar, Kharkiv Oblast.
Additionally in Kherson reports of large numbers of Ru bodies and too many prisoners for the villages to hold.
Reports also of Ru in Kherson being short of water plus low in food.
Another 8 weeks and night temps will be down to freezing and they've no winter clothing.

Apparently, it was Putin who ordered additional BTG's across the river and hold Kherson despite warnings UKR would blow the bridges and cut them off. Also RU didn't blow the bridges to stop Ukraine advancing to Kherson and now reinforcements from Crimea are getting piled up on the Eastern bank with no way to cross.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Advances in Kherson Oblast - including the possibility that at least a couple of RU BTGs are surrounded already, and others may be stranded on the north bank

Advances near Kharkiv - including a fair number of RU troops being surrounded in Balakliia

Strikes (?) on Belgorod including an electricity sub-station resulting in half the city losing power

More strikes on ammo dumps etc (I particularly like the video below, it might have been smaller - only 20-30 SAM missiles, but it shows how good the UKR recon/intel is to find it, and how accurate their NATO weapons are). Resulting in RU having to buy NK weapons

In Melitopol the HQ of Putin's Edinaya Rossiya party (which had been organising a referendum) suffered another of those spontaneous explosive events that Ru seems so prone to nowadays.

I'm not saying it is the end, or even the beginning of the end, but it must be making a few Russkies bloody nervous

Super Anarchist
Advances in Kherson Oblast - including the possibility that at least a couple of RU BTGs are surrounded already, and others may be stranded on the north bank

Advances near Kharkiv - including a fair number of RU troops being surrounded in Balakliia

Strikes (?) on Belgorod including an electricity sub-station resulting in half the city losing power

More strikes on ammo dumps etc (I particularly like the video below, it might have been smaller - only 20-30 SAM missiles, but it shows how good the UKR recon/intel is to find it, and how accurate their NATO weapons are). Resulting in RU having to buy NK weapons

In Melitopol the HQ of Putin's Edinaya Rossiya party (which had been organising a referendum) suffered another of those spontaneous explosive events that Ru seems so prone to nowadays.

I'm not saying it is the end, or even the beginning of the end, but it must be making a few Russkies bloody nervous

ouch !!!

Latest posts