Ukraine

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
was just talking with my friend in Odessa. He said they have been hit by Iranian drones each of the past 3 nights. As far as he knows, causing no significant military damage, but is un-nerving for the civilian population.
I hope he realizes it will likely get a lot worse.

estarzinger

Super Anarchist
I now have near daily contact with 6 people in Ukraine, and they mostly seem to have settled into shelling and bomb shelters as part of daily life. The drone attacks were something new (more attacks but smaller explosions than the cruise missiles) but I think they will just again adapt and accept. And yea, they expect it to continue for quite a while. They believe they are 'winning' and they have confidence, but they accept they are still stuck with it for the foreseeable future. Humans are amazingly good at adapting to miserable living conditions.

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
My daughter (21) is volunteering doing English lessons with a similarly aged young woman in Ukraine. She is in western Ukraine so outside of war zone but still air raid sirens go off. The Ukrainian woman has pretty good English but it's also a way for her to know that people in outside countries care about them, and forget about the war for a bit. So it's 50% lesson / 50% morale boosting.

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
was looking at some footage of those irainian drones
got me thinking the poms have the perfect weapon for them
the old defunct seacat ( naval ) / tigercat ( army ) guided missile system
really low tech, easy to setup / heath robInson and training an aimer would only take a few days .. way less with a teenage gamer
the poms / aussies / kiwis / heaps of other navies ( ~20 ) would have mothballed them .. really cheap to make use and fire and would be very effective against those particular targets

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
With Putin's apparent double-down I wish UKR could mount a devastating air campaign and obliterate as much as possible in military/ammo and supply lines before these larger RU forces arrive. Hit them all the way to the border, the whole thing. Heard some US retired generals including McCaffrey saying this weekend it would be a wise move to step things up asap.

BrightAyes

With Putin's apparent double-down I wish UKR could mount a devastating air campaign and obliterate as much as possible in military/ammo and supply lines before these larger RU forces arrive. Hit them all the way to the border, the whole thing. Heard some US retired generals including McCaffrey saying this weekend it would be a wise move to step things up asap.
If Putin makes the mistake of using nukes, this is precisely what will happen. We have sufficient F-35 airpower to wipe Ukraine clean of the Orc stain in, at most, 24 hours. If Pooty persists, we will begin target military and industrial targets. At some point, those around Pooty we look at one another and nod "let's do it". As POTUS said when asked on 60 Minutes "DON'T, Don't, don't".

We've made it clear to Pooty, cross this line and there's nothing left of your military. I think the Joint Chief told his counterpart in Moscow "You remember the Iraq Highway of Death? That was only warmup of what we will bring on the autostratta all the way to Moscow. Now. Make my day, punk. Hold my beer. Come and Take it.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
If Putin makes the mistake of using nukes, this is precisely what will happen. We have sufficient F-35 airpower to wipe Ukraine clean of the Orc stain in, at most, 24 hours. If Pooty persists, we will begin target military and industrial targets. At some point, those around Pooty we look at one another and nod "let's do it". As POTUS said when asked on 60 Minutes "DON'T, Don't, don't".

We've made it clear to Pooty, cross this line and there's nothing left of your military. I think the Joint Chief told his counterpart in Moscow "You remember the Iraq Highway of Death? That was only warmup of what we will bring on the autostratta all the way to Moscow. Now. Make my day, punk. Hold my beer. Come and Take it.
Is there a way to triple-support a post? Love this one.......

1664249472838.png

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
I now have near daily contact with 6 people in Ukraine, and they mostly seem to have settled into shelling and bomb shelters as part of daily life. The drone attacks were something new (more attacks but smaller explosions than the cruise missiles) but I think they will just again adapt and accept. And yea, they expect it to continue for quite a while. They believe they are 'winning' and they have confidence, but they accept they are still stuck with it for the foreseeable future. Humans are amazingly good at adapting to miserable living conditions.
Yes. In WWII there was a widespread opinion in senior military circles that civilian morale would collapse under area bombing but in general, it did not. AFAIK the same went for German civilians.

91VMJfftRmL._RI_.jpg

Latest posts