Ukraine

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
I believe these US trucks were shipped in their thousands to RU in WW2.
^ Left over from WWII?
There was no context in this Official UKR FB post, but looks quite possible doesn't it with token additions in plastic containers? it's almost decomposing. There was a recent vid of RU supply officer explaining to new mobilisation recruits they had no med kits, sleeping bags or blankets left in the store so they had to buy their own.

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
If Putin makes the mistake of using nukes, this is precisely what will happen. We have sufficient F-35 airpower to wipe Ukraine clean of the Orc stain in, at most, 24 hours. If Pooty persists, we will begin target military and industrial targets. At some point, those around Pooty we look at one another and nod "let's do it". As POTUS said when asked on 60 Minutes "DON'T, Don't, don't".

We've made it clear to Pooty, cross this line and there's nothing left of your military. I think the Joint Chief told his counterpart in Moscow "You remember the Iraq Highway of Death? That was only warmup of what we will bring on the autostratta all the way to Moscow. Now. Make my day, punk. Hold my beer. Come and Take it.
Is there a way to triple-support a post? Love this one.......

The problem is, macho talk tends to summon up a bravado/macho response. You want to produce a sober and serious response, in calculating that the risk is seriously not worth the results.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The problem is, macho talk tends to summon up a bravado/macho response. You want to produce a sober and serious response, in calculating that the risk is seriously not worth the results.
I have strong confidence that if Putin launches WMDs even short of nukes that the repercussions will be extremely severe - and that this has already been communicated to them.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
But if it stays in a 'conventional' war by all sides, am less confident about UKR's ability to retake the Donbas let alone Crimea, once RU deploys 300K more troops with possibly more to come. Many of them may lack professionalism or good supplies but when the shit hits the fan they will fight back hard to try protect each other in those bunkers. That's just the way it goes, it's human nature.

300K is a lot of manpower.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
If Putin makes the mistake of using nukes, this is precisely what will happen. We have sufficient F-35 airpower to wipe Ukraine clean of the Orc stain in, at most, 24 hours. If Pooty persists, we will begin target military and industrial targets. At some point, those around Pooty we look at one another and nod "let's do it". As POTUS said when asked on 60 Minutes "DON'T, Don't, don't".

We've made it clear to Pooty, cross this line and there's nothing left of your military. I think the Joint Chief told his counterpart in Moscow "You remember the Iraq Highway of Death? That was only warmup of what we will bring on the autostratta all the way to Moscow. Now. Make my day, punk. Hold my beer. Come and Take it.
Even if we had enough of those birds to do that we wouldn't if nukes are on the menu. Airburst nukes are effective AA weapons. Their old Gammon system was built to carry nukes to do just that.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Who would want to sabotage those pipes?
Watched a few clips on this and my impression so far is that Gazprom likely put 'pigs' down those pipes to detonate the explosions from inside them. Why? Maybe to try escape contractual obligations they were under. Their earlier excuses about maintenance problems were not convincing enough, this situation is harder to investigate since 'anyone' could have done it, even pigs sent from the other direction. There is also the chance that other energy providers benefit by the rise in energy prices and could have laid mines down there (just 70m underwater) but the Gazprom explanation seems to make the most sense absent a likely months-long investigation that would help also determine if they exploded from inside the pipes, and time for possible repairs for down the road.

This is one of the better analyses so far

Last edited:

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Elsewhere RU conscripts have been told no medical supplies will be provided, they should buy tampons to stop bullet wounds and ask families to send them painkillers.
First conscripts have arrived in Crimea after their extensive training programme

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Even if we had enough of those birds to do that we wouldn't if nukes are on the menu. Airburst nukes are effective AA weapons. Their old Gammon system was built to carry nukes to do just that.
Thats harder than you think with NATO stealth and stand off weapons, plus the obvious issues of detonating nuclear weapons over RU land for AA

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
He is wacko, but the change in messaging is interesting. From the start where it was RUssia is all powerful, we can beat UKr and NATO if they get involved. It will all be over in days. Now this worrying about mobilisation, satellites, drones, armour & clothing

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
And this, where most of it is having a big go at the oligarchs for not supporting (esp Ambramovich), but ends in saying they are fighting 51 countries, and so they need more because NATO and others are "learning from Russian military science, which is the best military science, apart from morale, where Russian troops still have the highest morale"

Insane

BrightAyes

Yup and Biden has been about as sober and somber as possible. In a low, slow voice he told Putin "dont. dont. dont.". No bravado there, just firm grim resolve. Me thinks Biden was steaming for 8 years under Obama who's foreign policy was all bluster and no action. When Putin invaded in 2014, we should have started arming the Ukrainians then, not wait 8 years. When Assad crossed Obama's "red" line with chemical weapons, Obama did nothing. Biden is a different animal. He's much more like a Truman Democrat than a Clinton shyster. When pushed, Harry dropped the A bomb on Japs, twice. They quickly surrendered. I think same will happen for Russia. Soon the better for all of us...except perhaps Pooty.

BrightAyes

State Dept to US Citizens: GET THE FUCK OUT NOW BEFORE WE BOMB THESE TARDS BACK TO THE STONE AGE.

Russia: On Sept. 21 the Russian govt began mobilizing its citizens to the armed forces in support of its invasion of Ukraine. Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship, conscript dual nationals for military service, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, and prevent their departure from Russia. U.S. citizens should not travel to Russia and those residing or travelling in Russia should depart Russia immediately while limited commercial travel options remain.
More at http://ow.ly/I0TB50KVUtL

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
.... Me thinks Biden was steaming for 8 years under Obama who's foreign policy was all bluster and no action...
:LOL:
You must be thinking of a different Obama, because the one we had as President from 2008 to 2016 carried out lotsa drone strikes, miltary actions all around the world, put sanctions on Russia that were harsh enough it was Trump's negotiating point with Putin to lift them (but no no that was not "collusion"), and sent military aid to Ukraine after helping push out the pro-Russian gov't of UKR.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
Watched a few clips on this and my impression so far is that Gazprom likely put 'pigs' down those pipes to detonate the explosions from inside them. Why? Maybe to try escape contractual obligations they were under. Their earlier excuses about maintenance problems were not convincing enough, this situation is harder to investigate since 'anyone' could have done it, even pigs sent from the other direction. There is also the chance that other energy providers benefit by the rise in energy prices and could have laid mines down there (just 70m underwater) but the Gazprom explanation seems to make the most sense absent a likely months-long investigation that would help also determine if they exploded from inside the pipes, and time for possible repairs for down the road.

This is one of the better analyses so far

The location of the pipeline is so well documented, and bottom scanning to find it is well within the ability of equipment common on trawlers and other sorts of fishermen these days, I would guess that was the way the charges were set. Externally. No need for anyone's sophisticated naval assets to do this.

Both ends are deep in infrastructure of the facilities, a lot of people would have to be in on it to do it with pigs, and an internal explosion would be unmistakable in an investigation, which as assured.

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
The location of the pipeline is so well documented, and bottom scanning to find it is well within the ability of equipment common on trawlers and other sorts of fishermen these days, I would guess that was the way the charges were set. Externally. No need for anyone's sophisticated naval assets to do this.

Both ends are deep in infrastructure of the facilities, a lot of people would have to be in on it to do it with pigs, and an internal explosion would be unmistakable in an investigation, which as assured.
And an internal explosion would’ve travelled both ways along the pipe . There would be no need for seismic gear to detect that type of explosion , it would be heard and felt all around the Baltic