Ukraine

I cannot speak to the government. They are too disorganized to be in organized crime. They couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

But, yes, I have made a very decent living out of organized crime. My physician's practice is just a front and very useful for money laundering. Nobody keeps track of the cash co-pays.

The Ukraine situation is not as good for us as you think. The Ruskies are making out like bandits but for the rest of us it is playing havoc with our supply chains. I just lost a very decent arms deal to the rebels in Northern Mozambique because I could not get inventory.

The Ukrainian market for my Columbian Gold has gone to hell because instead of sitting around smoking pot, young Ukrainians are running around killing Russians. I have a warehouse full sitting in Turkey unsold. I cant send it to the US because it tastes like shit. The light at the end of the tunnel is the Russian mobilizcheks. All they want to do is get stoned and pretend they are somewhere else. I have a good lead with a Russian Commander who will take the whole lot off my hands and pay me with munitions which should help out if I can resurrect the Mozambique deal.

While you are pontificating about the patriotic purpose of the Russian invasion, spare a thought for your average hard working crime boss who is just trying to get by and make a living.
Eye.....great reply. Very funny and hit all the salient points.

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
Lavrov could be your father or grandfather, try talking to them about the LGBQT wars, Putin passed a law the other day outlawing gender reassignment surgery for children, same as a number of US states are doing. But liberal ideals mean that people can be what they want by identifying with it right, even children?

As for a reminder about history, the Russian's played the major part in Germanys defeat but that's barely acknowledged in the west. Most people believe it was the the UK and the Americans that won the war but 26 to 29 million Russians died in the east. Its a scale that people these days cannot imagine, which is why they don't understand either Russia or Ukraine. Most Europeans of the last generation knew someone or were directly related to someone who fought, died, resisted or suffered from the war on their own soil. That generation is passing and along with it the memory, as the EU tries to turn the bloc into a homogenous bunch of consumers. The US of course has no history of fighting on its own turf nor do the Poms but the Russians do and that is a huge part of what's going on here.

Ask most people who they thought won war against the Nazi's and they will say the US and the UK. Russia does not even get a mention. The point is not about poor Russia as the unsung heros but about understanding the psychology of the elites pushing the west into a war. These professional idiots do not understand anything and If the west does get involved at least know the enemy. Lets be conservative 26 million Russians- do you think these liberal chickenhawks have the stomach to send 26 million boys to their graves thats a whole other level of patriotism.
yup 26 mill
not bad when with even a modicum of average thinking 5 mill would have been high

the same dipstick russians are now performing in the same dipstick way in the ukraine war
little wonder the casualties are so high

i guess thats basically cause they really dont give a shit about fellow russians .. unless they are relo's of course

you only have to look at how they lost almost all of the spec force para's and spetsnaz to see that incompetence is still a major virtue in the russian forces .. or just russian in general

and planing is something you only do to hide the corruption

like shooting fish in a barrel .. or probably more accurately in this case .. drunks in a drunk tank

when was the last time the marshmallow potatoes won a war with respectable casualties ???

Kiwing

Super Anarchist
Bay of Islands
Guardian is reporting Russians at the nuclear power station are setting up rocket launchers.
I am surprised Ukrainians who are close? haven't taken that back.

motorbike

yup 26 mill
not bad when with even a modicum of average thinking 5 mill would have been high

the same dipstick russians are now performing in the same dipstick way in the ukraine war
little wonder the casualties are so high

i guess thats basically cause they really dont give a shit about fellow russians .. unless they are relo's of course

you only have to look at how they lost almost all of the spec force para's and spetsnaz to see that incompetence is still a major virtue in the russian forces .. or just russian in general

and planing is something you only do to hide the corruption

like shooting fish in a barrel .. or probably more accurately in this case .. drunks in a drunk tank

when was the last time the marshmallow potatoes won a war with respectable casualties ???

Avoid posting when drunk would be my only comment

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Best explanation why it is not Putin's war;
As in Soviet times people are embracing doublethink…
Few respondents feel any responsibility for the war.
“People don’t want war, but they submissively agree to it because it would cause a serious internal dissonance with their inner self, which still identifies strongly with the state”

In short, I do not want war, but now there is a war, Russia can not be beaten.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
One person maybe had enough of doublethink and set a tire factory in flames.

Barnaul, Russia. The fire at the tire factory, the burning area is more than 1000 square meters. The main products of the plant are tires for RU aviation and special equipment, including military.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Shopping centre in Moscow on fire as well. Russians are remarkably careless (and its worth playing the very short video)

Some inevitably are accidents (though of a nature that would involve a big investigation in civilised countries), some are inevitably sabotage. Hard to tell which in some cases

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
This sort of accuracy shows why Ukraine needs fewer of the NATO supplied munitions and artillery. Rather than plastering an area with hundreds of shells, the tank are picked out with one or two each

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I accept that Russia made a huge contribution to the defeat of Germany for ww2. ... ...

So while Russia achieved a lot against the Germans they failed miserably with their occupation of the parts of Europe that they had taken..

No, they didn't fail at all. Consider their goals.
The USA's goal was to rebuild a functioning nation-state with a stable gov't on at least slightly democratic forms, so that country would not be a threat again but could be a trading partner (a junior partner, sure).

The USSR's goal was to occupy and exploit those country and ruthlessly extract any possible value, grinding down the people in the process. Part of the reason for this is so that Russians at home would see the process and think "Good, my country is a mighty conqueror" and also "thank fuck I live here and not there." They succeeded at this goal, they just didn't think ahead to play the long game.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
In football parlance, Putin has thrown an intercept.

The West did nothing when Russia occupied Crimea , Donetsk and Luhansk. It is possible, even probable that Ukraine would eventually have had to recognize the loss of some or all of these territories.
But
Then
Putin went long, and Ukraine intercepted the ball.

This became more than an obscure dispute about borders and protecting Russian speaking minorities.......this was an attempt at a full scale invasion of a major independent sovereign state in Europe.
Putin had aged and out of practice receievers. They did not get the job done.
The invasion failed. Time is not on Putin's side. Every month that passes, Ukraine is receiving more Western munitions and completing the training of more Ukrainian troops. Troops that are motivated and patriotic.
Ukraine now has numerical superiority in the field and that will increase. Western precise munitions and military technology will only enhance that superiority. Subject to Ukraine beefing up its air defense systems against drone and missile attacks on infrastructure and supply chain, then the writing is on the wall for Putin.

What is Russia's exit strategy? They cannot sustain this for 3, 4, 5 years. This is a much worse situation for them than Afghanistan.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Eyesailor, I did not say every Russian is responsible, but the Russian society.
And every Russian is part of the Russian society.
Those who fail to appreciate the magnitude of what the steppe societies did to the inhabitants of what is now russia - over and over - will never understand why the vast majority of Russians have an inherited psychological need to be dominated by their superiors.

Those who fail to appreciate the impact of 100 years of brain drain and 25 years of hardcore anti-intellectualism will never understand why Russian society has been unable to plan, invent, design, or build anything remotely effective over the past decade. The average 100 IQ resident of russia has an IQ of closer to 85 in the US or 80 in Europe.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
In football parlance, Putin has thrown an intercept.

The West did nothing when Russia occupied Crimea , Donetsk and Luhansk. It is possible, even probable that Ukraine would eventually have had to recognize the loss of some or all of these territories.
But
Then
Putin went long, and Ukraine intercepted the ball.

This became more than an obscure dispute about borders and protecting Russian speaking minorities.......this was an attempt at a full scale invasion of a major independent sovereign state in Europe.
Putin had aged and out of practice receievers. They did not get the job done.
The invasion failed. Time is not on Putin's side. Every month that passes, Ukraine is receiving more Western munitions and completing the training of more Ukrainian troops. Troops that are motivated and patriotic.
Ukraine now has numerical superiority in the field and that will increase. Western precise munitions and military technology will only enhance that superiority. Subject to Ukraine beefing up its air defense systems against drone and missile attacks on infrastructure and supply chain, then the writing is on the wall for Putin.

What is Russia's exit strategy? They cannot sustain this for 3, 4, 5 years. This is a much worse situation for them than Afghanistan.
None of that junk works …you are just making giant piles of dead Ukrainians , de industrializing europe and destabilizing the developing world with your bloodlust fantasies

C9130807-BCD5-473D-A86E-BDB314285EF1.png

EBD3A1DA-8343-4DBC-958F-05BF9E060546.png

Last edited:

Latest posts