Uncooperative Californicators

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Proposed California bill bans firearm sales on state property

“County fairgrounds are supposed to be family-friendly venues and have long been associated with events like county fairs, 4-H events, rodeos and music festivals. However, they have become most well-known for gun shows,” Min said in a statement announcing the bill. “This needs to change, and this bill will finally get California out of the business of government-sponsored gun shows. While the Second Amendment allows for the well-regulated sales and purchase of firearms, the Constitution does not require that taxpayer-owned properties be used to facilitate those transactions.” SB 915 is a follow-up to a bill that passed last year, Senate Bill 264, which banned the sale of firearms at the Orange County Fair and Event Center.

Min acknowledged that the U.S. Supreme Court has taken a strong position on the Second Amendment, but said “that doesn’t mean the state of California has to actively profit off of the sale of those guns.”

That last argument should be easy to implement with broad support. Just end all the taxes on guns and ammo and all that terrible state profit goes away!

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Ok, fair enough. That's a good start.  

What CA gun rules do you agree with?  
California has 107 laws on the books, too many to comment on.
It's also a ridiculous question. Which gun laws or gungrabby proposals does a grabber agree with? Any and all, of course.

The trick is finding one with which they disagree. Good luck. I have never seen it.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
It's also a ridiculous question. Which gun laws or gungrabby proposals does a grabber agree with? Any and all, of course.

The trick is finding one with which they disagree. Good luck. I have never seen it.
This is true, it's like expecting a gun nut to know 'Stand Your Ground' has left us with a 11% greater rise in gunfire homicide.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Because we don't have an entire political party that is extremely triggered by home and/or car ownership and prone to harassing the owners, as we have seen in the past with personal info about permit holders.

Do any of those records you mention provide political opponents with this kind of detail?

You can look up my property taxes too, but try to find my Social. It's in a bunch of old pilot log books, along with my real signature, from my flight instructing days, but otherwise it's one piece of info I never share.

So for a real comparison, name public records that include your Social Security number, occupation, and reason for defying TeamD. Why do grabby "researchers" need that info anyway?

Personal info on California gun owners wrongly made public

The California Department of Justice on Wednesday acknowledged the agency wrongly made public the personal information of perhaps hundreds of thousands of gun owners in up to six state-operated databases, a broader exposure than the agency initially disclosed a day earlier.
Names, dates of birth, gender, race, driver’s license numbers, addresses and criminal histories were exposed for people who were granted or denied permits to carry concealed weapons between 2011 and 2021, the department said. Social Security numbers and financial information were not disclosed.

So they're still working on getting out gun owners' Social Security numbers and reasons for defying TeamD.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
It's true that transitioning the Oathkeepers and 3%ers and other militia and white-supremicist cops out will present a sacrifice for the community until more qualified officers can be recruited and trained. It's an unfortunate truth that police work has attracted some of society's worst for many decades. The paramilitarization of so many departments attracted incels and LARPers to the work, adding to the ranks of those who became cops because of their basic hunger for power and/or grievance.

The majority of cops are god cops, but it's going to take years to get the bad ones out. Floyd and the pandemic have been accelerants in many large cities thanks to large minority populations from which to draw replacements, but the cancer will take much longer to root out in suburban and rural areas.

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
(1) One would expect the investigators would have seen all that at his house,
, and taken witness statements at the time.
these from the article.

Oscar Malma, who’s married to Teague’s granddaughter, said, “Recently he’s been having break-ins.”

Ortega was joined by several other individuals. They were inside the Teague’s residence when the shooting occurred.

“It happened once on Friday; on [a] bright day they went to break in the house. And now this happened in the middle of the night? … They were looking for him. They’ve been watching him. They’ve been watching the house for a while.”

disproportionate force

four thirty-somethings against one 93 yr old.

??

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
(1) One would expect the investigators would have seen all that at his house,
, and taken witness statements at the time.
these from the article.

Oscar Malma, who’s married to Teague’s granddaughter, said, “Recently he’s been having break-ins.”

Ortega was joined by several other individuals. They were inside the Teague’s residence when the shooting occurred.

“It happened once on Friday; on [a] bright day they went to break in the house. And now this happened in the middle of the night? … They were looking for him. They’ve been watching him. They’ve been watching the house for a while.”

four thirty-somethings against one 93 yr old.

??
He was not injured. Sympathetic for sure. Maybe legally justified as a home invasion. Sheriff's press release says he was on the line and had the theives at gun point when he fired the shot.

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
I do wonder about Marty's angle on this,,

He was not injured ,,
All it would have taken would be for a "thrown item" to be heavy and hit Teague in the head, and it would have been a completely different headline.

93 year old man killed by home intruders.
Police are searching for suspects.

Sheriff's press release says he was on the line and had the theives at gun point when he fired the shot.
“The big guy, he came at me,” Teague explained

Marty,
? why are you having such a hard time with this ?

-------------------------------------

This SD defence attorny tells us the SDPD is about 51% minority.

Cheap, Clean, for throwing the card.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Not to me. Come into my house and throw my stuff at me and see what happens. Then see what the law does. You might want to look up the phrase "castle doctrine" before you come.
forked tongue stuff
sounds un-necessary
sounds like pre-planned manslaughter too

a pattern
sounds just like the Burger King Gun Scamble, and like the Plebe's Revenge shootout
these are smug, and public, choices to kill

MR.CLEAN

Not here
This SD defence attorny tells us the SDPD is about 51% minority.

Cheap, Clean, for throwing the card.
Check the demographics for sergeants and training staff and get back to me.

Nothing cheap about the truth. "Throwing the card" is something only bullshitters say. Tosh got it solved years ago

MR.CLEAN

Not here
forked tongue stuff
sounds un-necessary
sounds like pre-planned manslaughter too

a pattern
sounds just like the Burger King Gun Scamble, and like the Plebe's Revenge shootout
these are smug, and public, choices to kill
pre-planned manslaughter is de facto or de jure legal in the USA. Leave your door open in a high crime area, watch TV, shoot intruder in the face. Verbally taunt a protestor to get his hands on you, shoot him in the face.

we'll see an AR ban long before this changes

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
pre-planned manslaughter is de facto or de jure legal in the USA. Leave your door open in a high crime area, watch TV, shoot intruder in the face. Verbally taunt a protestor to get his hands on you, shoot him in the face.

we'll see an AR ban long before this changes

Thanks. And this is unfortunate.

But my issue with Dogballs is that he stated a few days ago that un-necessary killings were wrong. Dogballs has a very high moral fiber content, and was speaking about the death penalty, imposed not by him, but by the gov. @Pertinacious Tom

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I do wonder about Marty's angle on this,,

All it would have taken would be for a "thrown item" to be heavy and hit Teague in the head, and it would have been a completely different headline.

Marty,
? why are you having such a hard time with this ?
I'm not having a problem with it, aside from lack of evidence that they did anything besides break into his house. Alternative headline, "Old guy kills possible theif who did him no harm, cites disappointment with police about previous thefts." It is a slippery slope though.