US Postal Service USPS

Windward

Super Anarchist
Hey, have any of you stopped getting mail?

All of a sudden mail seems to have stopped.  Even junk mail.

Seems really strange.

Yes I know that the USPS is having issues.  They have cut overtime and slowing down.

Seems really odd to not get ANY junk for 3 delivery days in a row.  (no, it is not some "hold" or anything like that)

I'm wondering if its like this across the country?

foamy1946

The OC.
I've been contacting my rich republican friends here in SoCal that own horses to help out...got to get those fraudulent GOP ballots delivered. 

pbd

Super Anarchist
Ca
Lot's of folks, including me, are having some significant issues with USPS deliveries.

Additionally, a number of UPS customers are finding out the hard way that it isn't unusual for UPS to use USPS for the final mile.  Lot's packages getting lost post UPS handoff. 

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Pretty normal here - delivery times vary more from morning to late afternoon, less junk mail which is fine.  Vehicles upgraded so I no longer hear them going down the street.

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Our mail delivery is suffering from something.  
Our mail volume is down.  Today, for example, we received an ad from some dental clinic and an ad from Nordstrom.  

On Wednesday we usually get something called Pennysaver that includes a bunch of ads from grocery stores, local businesses, etc.  it is what I count on to get my grocery store’s weekly ad.  It did not arrive until Saturday.

My wife is an avid gardener.  She usually get several catalogs a week from various nurseries around the country.  Especially true this time of year as Fall planting of flowering Spring bulbs is just about upon us.  I can only remember one or two catalogs arriving.

Now it could well be that various retailers (Macy’s, Bloomies, Nordstrom, etc.) have cut back on their direct mail marketing and advertising in the face of the pandemic and a weakened retail sector.

I never did get much mail in the form of advertising hustles but even the little bit I used to get seem to have disappeared. 
This might just reflect a change in the overall volume of mail being sent these days or something else might be going on.
In a different thread I reported on a package my wife was expecting that based on its tracking history seemed to be sitting at our local P.O. for several days.  The postal worker told my wife that despite what the tracking history said, the package was not at their facility.  It magically showed up at my house the next day.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Our post office is down by 3/4 of it's delivery staff. My carrier (Who delivered two large packages to my door today) is running 3 routes to help out with the carriers who either are "out sick" or refuse to work because they might become sick.

So, yes, it's a real thing, and the post masturbater general is trying to make it worse.

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Hey, have any of you stopped getting mail?

All of a sudden mail seems to have stopped.  Even junk mail.

Seems really strange.

Yes I know that the USPS is having issues.  They have cut overtime and slowing down.

Seems really odd to not get ANY junk for 3 delivery days in a row.  (no, it is not some "hold" or anything like that)

I'm wondering if its like this across the country?
Sometimes I go for days with no mail. Government services suck. 

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
When Obummer was still in office, I had a letter from my apartment management that took 10 months to get 500 feet via USPS.  Luckily, it wasn't an important item!

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
We get our mail every day, and send out two to three pieces a day as well.  But later in the day since our very nice, very helpful delivery guy is covering two routes.  Because the tRumpalo Postmaster General cut back on staff randomly and is doing his best to make the post office suck as a job. 

You bet there's an election year manipulation going on.