US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
Yep, the USA has the best information and is best prepared
What a complete and stupid piece of s***. Even if it does not affect you that much you can still give it to other people and the other people could die. 

That is like telling people if you have the flu you should just go ahead and go to work or school. I mean if you are a republican you don't care about anything but how it affects you--  so if you get other people sick f*** 'em

Last edited by a moderator:

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
What a complete and stupid piece of s***. Even if it does not affect you that much you can still give it to other people and the other people could die. 

That is like telling people if you have the flu you should just go ahead and go to work or school. I mean if you are a republican you don't care about anything but how it affects you--  so if you get other people sick f*** 'em
But this is not You or I or the woefully ignorant idiot next door, or the stupid boss that demands your presence on the factory floor or office or the HR person that takes your sick call.

This is the President of the United States. Your leader, Your "Go To " in times of trouble.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
He's a stupid piece of shit and not a leader in any sense.
We know that. But There is an Elk out there somewhere that are telling their employees..no show, no pay because the President says it's just a Flu and most people get better. And, those people are often low pay people in aged care and hospitals, or food handlers, or the ones that clean up body fluids.

Many of these new infections are apearing in the above places, I wonder why?

The OP states that the USA is the best at handling such a crisis, You're also the worst at re assuring people that they will get support from their employer if they get sick, sick at any time.

Where is the joker?

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
So here we have another lying Reich Wing punk dissing the social contract . . 
Talkin' bout Blue Crab here . . 
His first assertion below, re "causality" is just plain stupid. The VA gives disability payments to those who were in county VN because they determined (not a guess) that prostate cancer levels were far higher due to agent orange. It is called science. And a bud of mine had prostate surgery, was cured, and had his benefits removed. You got a problem with that? And cancer is not "heh heh' funny except among you punk Reichistas. Of course, it is not possible to assess the causation of a particular cancer with any single environmental cause. We know that. 
Second dumb-ass assertion by Crab - I have solid sources to back up my claim of VA efficiency and efficacy (Rand is one of them). What do you have for evidence, punk? Probably some ravings from the Reich is what ya got. Put up or apologize - or even better STFU 
Your third point is completely incoherent - cannot respond to it. 
OK now, Mr. Warbird, are you starting to grasp the willful ignorance of the modern Right? 
And Mr. Bird, you do realize, don't you, that the GOPPERS have the VA lined up for erasure, and do what they can to subvert it? 
           PAX  Dudes 

9 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:
Not true - I get checked periodically by the VA to see if my disability continues (prostate cancer). Heh heh.The best part is you don't have to prove correlation/causation. An excellent example of what's wrong with the VA approach on this "disability."

And why the beef with the VA? Hysterical lying from the Reich aside, the VA gets better outcomes at lower costs than either Medicare or private insurance. WHAAAAAT? We be measuring those outcomes differently my brother.

The VA also does vital cutting edge research - on PTSD and much else. How much of the much else is VA health related as opposed to home loans and education and doubtless vast numbers of pork projects and silly shit? 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Meanwhile, back at the OP  . . . 
Just got an email from the VA - don't come in for your appointment if you have symptoms, we'll try to do it over the phone. 
Does your fancy over-priced health "insurer" do that? 
I'll bet not. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Meanwhile, back at the OP  . . . 
Just got an email from the VA - don't come in for your appointment if you have symptoms, we'll try to do it over the phone. 
Does your fancy over-priced health "insurer" do that? 
I'll bet not. 
Actually, my health care provider did. My insurance company, no.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
You know we don't take semi-old farts as immigrants? We do tend to be quite choosy.
Well, in the past I have been known to sail over to folkloric Pelee Island, tie up the boat, walk up to the office and loudly ask . .  

"Is this where I come to ask for political asylum?" (Dubya years) 

Too late now I guess, no longer being a "semi-old fart" - nope, now I am the real thing !!

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
One thing I notice is that Americans get so involved with the strengths and problems of their complex health care system - actually many systems: VA, Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare, private insurance, people just showing up at the ER, that they loose sight of the fact that it is just woefully inefficient and wasteful at the aggregate level. Consider the coronavirus response. With one system it is easy to understand how testing, treatment, etc get done and paid for. It just makes sense.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Oh shit, sorry AJ. I know you're no fan of a reader calling out your bullshit. On that 3rd "incoherent" point above, tho, ["Your third point is completely incoherent - cannot respond to it."] I got a VA bulletin yesterday, you probably got it as well as a disabled war vet, touting a new vet education program in, wait for it:  archeology. To quote Dave Barry: "I am not making this up." I guess this is somewhat related to servicemen having been in the area where recorded history began but I think it's a stretch to think the VA is best equipped to deal with this emergent need of vet education. Regardless of a Rand review … know what I'm sayin"?

The VA is just another example of a good government idea gone bad. 

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
A friend and his wife were shopping for hand sanitizer in large quantities (relax, they are stocking their, and other teachers', classrooms) and were coming up empty. While visiting a town with a plethora of "TRUMP 2020" signs, there were plenty on the shelves. In talking with the cashier, they learned those folks just "know" this CORVID-19 is a Democratic "hoax".

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Dang, I thought the Dixie Chicks were country music. WTF country are those outfits from?

Looks cool and all, but not "country."

- DSK
I think they ditched the country image a while ago

rs-163538-20140807_dixie_chicks.jpg

top10_dixie_0227.jpg

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan

And Mr. Bird, you do realize, don't you, that the GOPPERS have the VA lined up for erasure, and do what they can to subvert it? 
           PAX  Dudes 

Where does this come from. Googled "RNC eliminate VA "  "eliminate VA" etc and come up with nothing.  Guide me.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Where does this come from. Googled "RNC eliminate VA "  "eliminate VA" etc and come up with nothing.  Guide me.
OK, against my better judgement being respectful here . . . .  

If you Google "privatize the VA" you'll get around 250,000 hits - news, research, propaganda - it's an actual thing

If you deal with the VA and have not heard of this, it shows you to be quite uninformed. 

Please think about how you get your information. Something is wrong there. 

Watching FAUX are ya?