US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

mikewof

mikewof
I just learned that the patient lived in a different part of the facility, and that they don’t commingle. Only the one case so far. Don’t know if they have test kits, but I hope so. Not sure if bringing her home is being considered. That’s up to my wife and her brothers. She may be safer where she is assuming they have their shit together. 
I had a blast with my old man. He insisted that he wanted to stay in long-term care, but I think he just didn't want to be a burden. Once he came home, we drank pretty much every night, smoked weed together, talked engineering. It was difficult, but worth it. Ultimately, my own inexperienced and shitty care contributed to his early demise at the age of 94, but it was a fun ride. And I took care of the stage IV bedsores he acquired in the joint. The VA nurses trained me in that, one of the nurses told me I'm now an expert in stage IV wound care. So if anyone needs some unprofessional guidance, ask away.

I don't know how it's going to work with my mom, I think it might be hard for me to take care of her personal needs the way I did with my dad. Needs to be my sisters, but they live too far away.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Friend at fema just said he thinks <48 hrs to do your shopping before nat lockdown. Stay safe y’all. I’m going to the store. 

44E34097-51CA-47B1-8E76-B46DAD0C722B.jpeg

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Friend on east side just sent vid of Hundreds of Armored vehicles being pulled off train right now at selfridge 
And I can send you the video of them leaving. Oshkosh Truck is closing for awhile, so they shipped everything they had. Great big nothing burger. 

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Friend on east side just sent vid of Hundreds of Armored vehicles being pulled off train right now at selfridge 
Is the video time stamped?   Go take a look at the google earth imagery.   Tanks at Selfridge is normal. 

From Wiki: 

"U.S. Army Garrison-Selfridge serves the Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) supporting tank construction in the Detroit area."[3] Civil Air Patrol civilian organizations at Selfridge are the 176th Selfridge Composite Squadron and the headquarters of the Michigan Wing.

Selfridge is home to Headquarters and Service Company, 1st Battalion, 24th Marines and Marine Wing Support Group 47 (MWSG-47.)[4][5][circular reference]"

How long does it take a tank to get from Detroit to any of the places that are currently heavily impacted?  ( WA, NY, CA, and NJ according to https://ncov2019.live/data).   

You know this as well as anyone, but, there are a lot of folks who are more comfortable accepting something at face value than they are not knowing what's going. 

I can see the guard being activated to help w/logistics and medical services delivery, but, I've not heard anything YET that sounds like more than that.   And if they were?  They wouldn't need tanks.   Rumors are rampant - even in the classified world.  Most of 'em start to fall apart when normal logistical questions are asked. 

mikewof

mikewof
Here's the thing, ladies and gentlemen, I don't want any of you foul-mouthed, tit-obsessed miscreant ne'er-do-wells to die.

That's right! Not a one of ya!

But, if in the line of the War on Viri, a few of you happen to shuffle off this mortal coil at the microscope hands of the Viri, be it the regular old COVID-19, or the CoViB-7 mutation that is now scrambling the rocket scientists, be it either of these, then I will mourn. We will all mourn.

If the Bristols, the Gators, the Razors the Bus Drivers with the remodeled bathrooms, the Cleans and the Len P's of the world turn out to be correct, AND THEY MAY, then simple statistics says that some of us will die.

Yes. Die.

Now, I did the math. At its current mortality rate, differentially adjusted for the increased hospital load and potential increased infections from people who UNWISELY ignore our Trumptonian quarantine orders, statistically, ONE of us WILL die from either COVID-19 or even possibly CoViB-7. 

It will likely not be me, I am not in a high risk category.

But statistics can be a lovely lady, as Se7en has shown me. And I believe, that if you, as a society, sacrifice your most valuable member, then the volcano god of Statistics will be appeased, and will spare the rest of the Sailing Anarchy tribe.

Given that women are the new dudes, and get laid whenever they desire, there are in fact no virgin women in this tribe. We had strong hopes that we could instead sacrifice a virgin man, now that Gator is back, but it turns out that all his boasting about the Playboy Mansion happens to be true. It turns out that he did in fact go there and bang like, three smoking Playboy Bunnies.

Given all of this, I have now decided to sacrifice myself to the Sailing Anarchy god of Statistics, so that the rest of you may live.

I am now taking my long-time two-stroke, one-track lover up Jones Pass. She and I have a certain promise that we made, and it's now time for The Mountain to collect on what we owe to her.

Au revoir, mes amis. Like I always said here, c'est la vie.

mikewof

mikewof
What would they be doing a British department store?
It's the new kind of military maneuver ... show your CO that you got what it takes in the apocalypse, and then get yourself fitted for a stylish suit at a surprisingly affordable price with excellent customer service.

Remodel

Super Anarchist
None
It's the new kind of military maneuver ... show your CO that you got what it takes in the apocalypse, and then get yourself fitted for a stylish suit at a surprisingly affordable price with excellent customer service.
Well, it's true that they'll need a dinner jacket when dining at a Trump property.

mikewof

mikewof
Cristoforo said:
This is actually a real problem. Someone  like Mr Clean hears a bad rumor  (he's floated about 6 today) while hes down at the river doing the laundry while gossiping with the other village women. Zero verification or fact or substance. Then spreads it around the village faster than the corona virus.  You cant bear to watch the news because they have become expert at doing this, particularly when its negative.  Its worse than Trump. At least Fauci is right there next to him to immediately correct all his errors.  Its no wonder people go crazy hoarding toilet paper and the stock market crashes. If people would only STFU and go watch Netflix for a couple of days we would be ok.  
Clean, buddy, I love ya babe, you've done great things with this particular shithole of the internet, but I laughed my fucking ass off so hard when I read that line that I snotted out a bunch of stuff from my nose and didn't even worry about taking a Kleenex from my carefully guarded tissue ration.

mikewof

mikewof
Here Clean, some medicine. A couple round on the heavy bag with this in your ears, and you'll feel great. It can even cute COVID-19. (But not CoViB-7, not yet, anyway.)

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Here's the thing, ladies and gentlemen, I don't want any of you foul-mouthed, tit-obsessed miscreant ne'er-do-wells to die.

That's right! Not a one of ya!

But, if in the line of the War on Viri, a few of you happen to shuffle off this mortal coil at the microscope hands of the Viri, be it the regular old COVID-19, or the CoViB-7 mutation that is now scrambling the rocket scientists, be it either of these, then I will mourn. We will all mourn.

If the Bristols, the Gators, the Razors the Bus Drivers with the remodeled bathrooms, the Cleans and the Len P's of the world turn out to be correct, AND THEY MAY, then simple statistics says that some of us will die.

Yes. Die.

Now, I did the math. At its current mortality rate, differentially adjusted for the increased hospital load and potential increased infections from people who UNWISELY ignore our Trumptonian quarantine orders, statistically, ONE of us WILL die from either COVID-19 or even possibly CoViB-7. 

It will likely not be me, I am not in a high risk category.

But statistics can be a lovely lady, as Se7en has shown me. And I believe, that if you, as a society, sacrifice your most valuable member, then the volcano god of Statistics will be appeased, and will spare the rest of the Sailing Anarchy tribe.

Given that women are the new dudes, and get laid whenever they desire, there are in fact no virgin women in this tribe. We had strong hopes that we could instead sacrifice a virgin man, now that Gator is back, but it turns out that all his boasting about the Playboy Mansion happens to be true. It turns out that he did in fact go there and bang like, three smoking Playboy Bunnies.

Given all of this, I have now decided to sacrifice myself to the Sailing Anarchy god of Statistics, so that the rest of you may live.

I am now taking my long-time two-stroke, one-track lover up Jones Pass. She and I have a certain promise that we made, and it's now time for The Mountain to collect on what we owe to her.

Au revoir, mes amis. Like I always said here, c'est la vie.
Sorry, Soreass already said he’s the guy. Get back to work.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Cristoforo said:
This is actually a real problem. Someone  like Mr Clean hears a bad rumor  (he's floated about 6 today) while hes down at the river doing the laundry while gossiping with the other village women. Zero verification or fact or substance. Then spreads it around the village faster than the corona virus.  You cant bear to watch the news because they have become expert at doing this, particularly when its negative.  Its worse than Trump. At least Fauci is right there next to him to immediately correct all his errors.  Its no wonder people go crazy hoarding toilet paper and the stock market crashes. If people would only STFU and go watch Netflix for a couple of days we would be ok.  
Sorry forgot to add the second part of my message. “Republicans please ignore this message. If you go to the shops too, you’ll cause a panic. And of course panic is the real problem, not some glorified Flu.”

better? Ima keep passing along first hand accounts of things for my friends here. You can do you, but please don’t clog the stores yet.