US ranked #1 to best deal with a disease outbreak

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Sorry forgot to add the second part of my message. “Republicans please ignore this message. If you go to the shops too, you’ll cause a panic. And of course panic is the real problem, not some glorified Flu.”

better? Ima keep passing along first hand accounts of things for my friends here. You can do you, but please don’t clog the stores yet. 
Well, a National Lockdown would be good, keep those red-staters from sneaking over the border to what will soon be a Covid-free state.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I had a blast with my old man. He insisted that he wanted to stay in long-term care, but I think he just didn't want to be a burden. Once he came home, we drank pretty much every night, smoked weed together, talked engineering. It was difficult, but worth it. Ultimately, my own inexperienced and shitty care contributed to his early demise at the age of 94, but it was a fun ride. And I took care of the stage IV bedsores he acquired in the joint. The VA nurses trained me in that, one of the nurses told me I'm now an expert in stage IV wound care. So if anyone needs some unprofessional guidance, ask away.

I don't know how it's going to work with my mom, I think it might be hard for me to take care of her personal needs the way I did with my dad. Needs to be my sisters, but they live too far away.
I have news for you.  She's you mother.  She changed your dirty diapers, she wiped your dirty ass, she wiped your nose, she sopped up your puke.  And you are squeamish about giving her a bath or wiping her ass after all she has done for you?  She would do the same for you as an adult if she was capable and if it was necessary.

There is a statue on Tokyo's famed Gina of a man carrying his mother on his back up Mt Fuji.  The poem says something to the effect that that burden is nothing compared to the burden that his mother undertook raising him, but it was the least he could do for her in return.

Before I ever worked in the medical field, and got used to just about everything and then some, I helped to care for my 60 year old mother while she died from a malignant brain tumor.  I was 30 at the time. I changed her depends, I wiped her ass.  I gave her sponge baths.  At first I wan't real comfortable about it, but like the Japanese man, it was the least I could after all of the love she gave me, and all that she did for me.

HTFU, Mike, she's your mother.

Projection.

I know my age, and I have a pretty good feeling about how many years I have left on this rock. I doubt I'll live to be as old as my dad, I enjoy the dangerous and unhealthy parts of my life too much. I'll be dead soon enough, and I don't intend to make anyone else's lives miserable due to the impending blackness.
Sure Mike, lots of people say that.  Unless you carefully plan your suicide, and even then there is no guarantee, you never know how you will die.  You might be like that poor bastard in Dalton Trumbo's classic Johnny Got His Gun.  You know, that guy from the Metallica song One.  Lying in the hospital bed, unable to move, to see, to talk, yet still completely conscious and aware of what was going on and nothing he could do about it.  Or you might be one of the lucky ones and die painlessly in your sleep and not trouble anyone.  But keep in mind, we don't always get the death we want, we get the death we get.

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
Wa-COVID-3-19-W.jpg

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Projection.

I know my age, and I have a pretty good feeling about how many years I have left on this rock. I doubt I'll live to be as old as my dad, I enjoy the dangerous and unhealthy parts of my life too much. I'll be dead soon enough, and I don't intend to make anyone else's lives miserable due to the impending blackness.
Impending blackness? I thought it was all silent night and raindrops on roses, Small children playing on sleds and kindly old men roasting chestnuts?

A

Amati

Cristoforo said:
Stories about people that get better don’t sell books or generate hits 
I apologize if it offends, but Trump declaring today that if you felt just fine, everything was ok really pissed me off.  That and Bill Barr standing there, cheek by jowl looking like he’d just received wisdom from Jesus himself was not to be borne.  Meanwhile, Ivanka separated herself by 10 feet, looking frightened.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Cristoforo said:
God bless you Chessie. Very Pence-like of you!

I ‘have a friend’ who drove by the Covd-19 Drive thru testing facility in New Rochelle NY where they are using the National Guard to help out with logistics and traffic control. They have ‘armored’  Humvees and big green trucks like they use in Louisiana to pluck out flood victims.  A friend might confuse them for tanks  

actually you can see it all from the highway.  

Nobody alerted anyone  

Nobody said tanks were being deployed  

dont worry We are not yet Tianemen Square  Mr Cleans Chinese invasion hasn’t happened yet.  

Oh  btw I almost forgot.   I was talking to a friend in FEMA who said everything is cool   
Was his name "Brownie" by any chance?

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Cristoforo said:
God bless you Chessie. Very Pence-like of you!

I ‘have a friend’ who drove by the Covd-19 Drive thru testing facility in New Rochelle NY where they are using the National Guard to help out with logistics and traffic control. They have ‘armored’  Humvees and big green trucks like they use in Louisiana to pluck out flood victims.  A friend might confuse them for tanks  

actually you can see it all from the highway.  

Nobody alerted anyone  

Nobody said tanks were being deployed  

dont worry We are not yet Tianemen Square  Mr Cleans Chinese invasion hasn’t happened yet.  

Oh  btw I almost forgot.   I was talking to a friend in FEMA who said everything is cool   
I dont doubt for a minute that Clean's friend saw railroad cars offloading tanks at Selfridge.  The larger point is that that's normal - they go thru there on their way to the units. The only contention is in thinking that the tanks' presence indicates sinister intent. 

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I dont doubt for a minute that Clean's friend saw railroad cars offloading tanks at Selfridge.  The larger point is that that's normal - they go thru there on their way to the units. The only contention is in thinking that the tanks' presence indicates sinister intent. 
Not necessarily sinister. But I thin crowd control must be on governors minds right now and if you wait til your forces are at the hospital it’s too late