USSAILING Champions of Champions regatta

Wally80

Texas
Lighten up, Francis. Or is it Taco Breath? ;>)

They don't call it the "Championship of all the Champions", numbnuts.

Gouvernail said:
The foolishness that is calling the event the "Championship of all the Champions" is exactly the sort of non-sense that screams...

Dr_Crash

Anarchist
I was wondering Dr Crash do you guys have that many Lightnings down there ?

Thor

ps: all the best if I can find time I will try to watch you guys
1) Here's a link to the Mississipi Valley District membership

http://www.lightningclass.org/membership/d...ssippi%20Valley

CSA is Fleet 266. You can see we need to bring in extra boats to have the 20 needed plus 3 spares.

2) You ought to be able to see the races from the Eldon Hazlet State Park http://www.carlylelake.com/Parks/hazfr.htm

Dr_Crash

Anarchist
Matters seem to be continuing apace.

Here is an interview with the "Mystery Guest"

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/09/1012/

For all you Little Leaguers out there, pay attention to Christopher Williford, the Opti Champ. CSA has paired him with a couple of experienced adult Lightning sailors and mentors. They have already successfully mentored Ian Schillebeeckx to third place in the 2008 Junior NA's http://www.lightningclass.org/racing/resul...esults32008.asp

Christopher might learn some new tricks to making a hard chine boat go that he can share with his classmates when he returns from his excellent adventure at the Ultimate Fantasy Sailing Camp.

For this little cog in the big wheel, today's task is to hitch up the trailer and drive a boat to CSA. Guess I ought to turn up the Ipod http://www.spun.com/music/sound-sample.jsp...&id=1666914 and have some fun!

chickiesailor

Come on, Really? TERHUNE! Won C of C before and dominates in the lightning class. Top five every regatta,,,,usually top three if he doesnt win the regatta.

There are some AWESOME sailors on here...I think Terhune and Fisher are gonna battle. THey know the boat better than others. Watch out for Ingram, good local sailor from NJ who also knows a lot about the boat......

eflat

I hear its definately cool.Boats are being set up annd tuned as close as possible today..

I still like the pics.Cayards interview was ok..kinda playin the "blind squirrel gets an acorn once in a while..." thing.

Im looking forward to it.I hope the coverage is good.This should be well publicised maybe a lead in article on both anarchy,sbutt etc

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
I hear its definately cool.Boats are being set up annd tuned as close as possible today..I still like the pics.Cayards interview was ok..kinda playin the "blind squirrel gets an acorn once in a while..." thing.

Im looking forward to it.I hope the coverage is good.This should be well publicised maybe a lead in article on both anarchy,sbutt etc

Full coverage on Sportscenter

Winners on the cover of Sail, Yachting, Sailing World, ESPN Weekly, Sproting News, and every other Sailing Publication.

Huge reception party at airport upon return home.

Ticker tape parade in home town.

Huge endorsement deals for the winning team....Hiking pants, spray tops, hats, sunscreen, gloves, water they drink, lip gloss,

Guest spot on Letterman, Oprah, Christine ( for the Spanish speakers), and Jerry Springer when the foredeck is discovered to be a transexual.

60 minutes does a segment on condition of junior boats at winners home club

Star has headline about skipper dating J LO..who is accortingly about to change her name...

Trade rumors about drunken crew defecting to Minnetonka E Scow fleet because of the famous E Scow bar..

Skipper rumored to have tested positive for steriods in 2002

NO wait.

Hold the presses..

None of that will happen

USSailing does not involve itself in promotion of the sport

Last edited by a moderator:

sinner

Super Anarchist
What methodology are they using for

dart_Board.jpg

PHRF Ratings this year?

View attachment 119647

PHRF Ratings this year?
why would they worry about Phrf ratings as long as all of them are sailing lightnings ?

I am the first to say that US Sailing has a lot to learn and to do much more .... but what I dont understand is that if they actually do something they get flak ? Whats up with that ?

thor

pin head

Anarchist
Although Cayard is (probably) the best sailor at the C of C event, his chances of winning are slim. Expect the lightning experts to run the table. Al-b, linton, Fishdaddy and Skipper and are the preregatta favorites; with peck having an outside shot at the podium. If Cayard does win, on a quirky boat that he is new to, Paul truly is a sailing god.

sinner

Super Anarchist
View attachment 119647

PHRF Ratings this year?
...US Sailing has a lot to learn and to do much more .... but what I dont understand is that if they actually do something they get flak ?

thor
Because they have a long history of doing things...

Wait...

wait...

here it comes...

Fucking wrong.

Ratings for a (modified) J-100 in past US PH champs.

PHRF Appeals...no periodic reviews on ratings they dishout that are "locked in" for 2 years.

Past Idiot Presidents

suggesting mandatory membership!

dues hikes,

Olympic trials bullshit

Unwarranted legal expenses to cover up stupid decisions (Olympic Trials, etc.)

Blah, blah, blah...

If Gary can't fix this bullshit, US Sailing should be burnt down for the insurance.

morrisre

Super Anarchist
Ah well at least the Irish Sailing Association got the Irish equivalent onto that evenings 6 o'clock news on the telly. Not so much 15 minutes of fame as 15 seconds!

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Newbie dumbass...

The fact folks at my level CAN qualify is what makes the USSailing events so much less than they should be.

As THE representative of Area F ( where that Sunfish sailor resides) I raced in the O'Day finals FIVE years in a row...No way in hell am I the best singlehanded sailor in Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Southwestern Nebraska, and Western Arkansas. Nor have I ever been the best or even close to it.

But USSailing still used its resources to host the United States Singlehanded Championship for the George O'day Trophy and did such a piss poor job of promoting it, I was able to make it through the selections process...every year for FIVE straight years!!!

The various championships held by USSailing should either be made to actually BE championships or USSailing should quit embarassing the sport by giving false titles.

AND!!! Just to be clear...

I thinkl USSailing should continue to host the events...

But I think USSailing should immediately begin making certain the events really do include the VERY BEST SAILORS!!!

and.

After the champions have won.. USSailing should be making the same sort of fuss over those champions that the USGA makes about its top golfers, or the USTA makes about its top tennis players.

What other sport holds a set of national championships where recent former champions, Olympic medalists, and current world champions who are still playing the game at the highest level rarely participate??

My rage against the USSailing managements continued waste of opportunitiues to actually cause the sport to grow has nothing to do with the sailors who are sailing in this month's event. I hope they all have a wonderful time.

But.

Far too many top USSailors have been left out to honestly represent this competitive and fun event as the USSailing Champion of Champions event.

Of course, "The Bunch-0-Pretty Darned Good Guys From Various Classes Regatta" really doesn't have much of a ring to it...

but the title won would be an honestly presented title.

I am truly sorry so many sailors think it is just fine and dandy that our major sailing associations in the US do such a lousy job of growing our sport.

I am under the impression that sailboat racing is a simply wonderful game and that all we need to do to make the game grow is to make the fun visible and accessible. Curently USSailing and our major class associations do little of either.

What an extreme waste.

PS..Wally?? Thanks for questioning my sportsmanship. As a loud friendly gregarious mid fleet hack, who makes it obvious he is having a great time and tries to get others to share in the fun, I have probably won more sportsmanship awards than anybody else you ever met. In fact, I consider those awards more of an honor than trophies I have won for beating my friends.

Wally80

Texas
The fact folks at my level CAN qualify is what makes the USSailing events so much less than they should be.
They should just let the pros have at it, right? Or they could force Young or Draheim or Forrester to enter from Area F so you wouldn't have to.

a loud friendly gregarious mid fleet hack...
OK, for a sec there I thought I might have had you confused with someome else. ;>)