Vakaros

Travel Sailing

Wow the Vakaros boys are pretty slimy. Stating that MAX are not able to deliver by posting a screen shot taken from a note posted early pandemic! I know what company i wouldn't be trusting with my time or $. BTW I know for a fact that MAX is available through a range of dealers in the US and Australia and the distributor(Ronstan) has a bunch in stock. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Vacuck

They really can't deny its lies and vaporware three plus years into this experiment. Suckers would buy this thing at this stage 

cheat code its in stock with all the features 

https://www.mauriprosailing.com/us/product/VAK-ATLAS-2.html

20220413_202502.jpg

Vacuck

VakarOS

TheranOS

I'm sensing a pattern
I bought this thing back in 2018 waited over a year. And got a brick in return.. Im ok with loosing a G and it being a complete and utter failure of a product.  But these lies are enough. They are running the same playbook on atlas 2 they did on 1.  When is 3 gonna drop?

Fonx

Estonia
Has anybody tried to cancel order and get money back? I am not yet there, but considering it. Especially concerning is info about broken devices shipped (mostly A1, but about a week ago I saw somebody in Australia posted in their FB that their A2 unit had 2 non functioning buttons, and it was a A1 warranty replacement to rub salt on the wound. Ofcourse it took less than a day and that post was gone)

If Max (Or somebody else) offered visual (that birds eye thing) start line page and shift tracking with trend graph. I would try to cancel immediately 

arr4ws

Super Anarchist
Has anybody tried to cancel order and get money back? I am not yet there, but considering it. Especially concerning is info about broken devices shipped (mostly A1, but about a week ago I saw somebody in Australia posted in their FB that their A2 unit had 2 non functioning buttons, and it was a A1 warranty replacement to rub salt on the wound. Ofcourse it took less than a day and that post was gone)

If Max (Or somebody else) offered visual (that birds eye thing) start line page and shift tracking with trend graph. I would try to cancel immediately 
ask them , or go thru your credit card company.

Vacuck

ask them , or go thru your credit card company.
You don't ask you direct them to issue it. If they say no or its post delivery....then you pull any one of the dozens of publically documented false claims or advertised functions that don't exist and hand it to your cc.

20220415_002143.jpg

Vacuck

Getting the hardware is when the fun  really starts...compare what it actually does vs what you were sold and report back.

20220416_161953.jpg

Clockwork

Sounds like the Atlas .2 beta is finally shipping.  Going to be interesting to see what current promised functionality is going to be waiting for the 2024 beta firmware release.  

Vacuck

Sounds like the Atlas .2 beta is finally shipping.  Going to be interesting to see what current promised functionality is going to be waiting for the 2024 beta firmware release.  
Them saying it's shipping and it shipping are two different things. 

Atlas 2 consumers are pissed they dont have what they payed for.  Once they have it they are going to realize they will never get what the payed for. Good news is they will sell you an atlas 3 for a "discount"

20220415_005758.jpg

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
Them saying it's shipping and it shipping are two different things. 
well, I have a USPS tracking number, which has its own issues. Funny that the USPS doesn't tell you when it's going to arrive (unless you pay a bribe extra fee) but they tell you where it's been. Thanks Louis!

Vacuck

With the atlas 1 they generated shipping labels well before shipment. Which I assume was an attempt to placate customers. All of thats documented way earlier in this thread. But hey maybe they will deliver. they have a solid track record of it.

Drew P. Hike

Just popped on here to see if anyone has unboxed the new Atlas2. I haven't been on SA in a long time but I'm always amazed the vitriol that is spewed here. I knows its Sailing anarchy so its expected but I gotta say that I believe what Vakaros says about supply chain issues.  Here are all the boats sitting off Shanghai today and I am told a large % have their AIS turned off so you can only imagine what a cluster it is getting material out of China. I don't even know if they get their parts made there but I assume some are.

GetAttachmentThumbnail.png

Just popped on here to see if anyone has unboxed the new Atlas2. I haven't been on SA in a long time but I'm always amazed the vitriol that is spewed here. I knows its Sailing anarchy so its expected but I gotta say that I believe what Vakaros says about supply chain issues.  Here are all the boats sitting off Shanghai today and I am told a large % have their AIS turned off so you can only imagine what a cluster it is getting material out of China. I don't even know if they get their parts made there but I assume some are.
I have no dog in this fight but it's certainly been an interesting story to follow.  It appears to me the problem isn't so much supply chain woes and delays, I think most everyone knows and expects that's an issue with all companies right now.  The problem seems to be Vakaros has been continuously overpromising and underdelivering which is a recipe for disaster and unhappy customers.  

To give an example, I ordered a unit from one of their direct competitors last year and when I looked on their website it said shipments were significantly delayed and currently unavailable so I knew what I was getting into.  But somehow a Festivus Miracle happened and the unit arrived at my house within just a couple weeks instead of the months they told me to expect.  Additionally, not only did the unit do everything they promised but there were features added later that they never even mentioned until they were released.  Underpromising and overdelivering is a recipe for happy and returning customers.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them in the future.

I'm sure Vakaros isn't intentionally misleading people and are just dealing with some growing pains as a new company.  But I think if they shift to underpromising they will have many more happy and returning customers and a big shift in the tone of this thread.

Vacuck

View attachment 505823
 Let's assume for a second they did figure out how to purchase every part on a ship that had issues for the past three years. Which is the narrative the have been selling for three years. That would be a blessing for them in alot of ways because it would give the dev team sufficient time to deliver on the software side for when the product did finally arrive months/years late with the functionality they are still advertising that does not exist.

This is not an unbiased random feedback/review its easily verifiable. Drewa Penis You dope If you are gonna shill and least try to not use obviously wrong statements so you can pretend to have some knowledge on the subject.

Latest posts