Vakaros

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
I'd love to know how many people here who are bitching, especially people like Vacuck, have experience in sourcing/buying/importing...etc.  I'll cut to the chase, I do, a lot. It frequently happens that you tell your customers that you'll ship in February because the factory said that they would complete the order by December 31 so you feel confident adding a month and a half to the completion date.  When that completion date passes, you have to scramble. 

I'm not giving Vakaros a complete pass here. I donated my Atlas 1 to the Park City Sailing Association and I don't want to have to beg to borrow it to race when the series starts in a month but so be it.  Luckily for me I suppose, we just got a friend's reservation for a state park campsite so that's taking precedence over the first race of the year.

Drew P. Hike

This guy really created a Vakaros troll account. What a miserable urchin human. 
I have nothing to do with Vakaros other than I had an Atlas1 from the early days.. and I did have a warranty issue with corrosion on the charging port. They promptly sent me a new one. No complaints from me about that. Sure I too would have liked to get the Atlas2  product sooner but these are not normal times to be launching a new product.

But keep bashing away boys if it makes you feel good. I don't think your opinions move the needle one bit.

and for those of you that were fanning the flames of phantom shipping of new product.. they said mine would ship on the 18th... and it did.  see attached

Do I think that this product will be 100% right out of the box? Probably not but I am willing to support people that are trying to make an innovative marine instrument at a reasonable price. It will evolve just like the first product.

vakaros.png

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
I've been curious where the orders stand. Highest order number that has received their Atlas 2 wins!

I'm 5101 if memory serves...no Atlas 2 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mromberg

Austin, TX
I've been curious where the orders stand. Highest order number that has received their Atlas 2 wins!

I'm 5101 if memory serves...no Atlas 2 yet.
Order #5053, no news yet...

In this forum on 3/13 they expected all pre-orders to ship within two weeks.  Then on 3/14 their website cited a Covid shutdown, then 4/4 they got a shipment, no comments since.

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Order #5053, no news yet...

In this forum on 3/13 they expected all pre-orders to ship within two weeks.  Then on 3/14 their website cited a Covid shutdown, then 4/4 they got a shipment, no comments since.
I did see a comment from them that they expect more to ship by mid-May.

Luckily for me my first race weekend is being replaced by a trip to Arches National Park so that buys me more time to hopefully get my Vakaros in.  

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
Here's a little size comparison. I was hoping for something more like the background, not the foreground. This is going to be hard to see on my boat, may have to stick with the tacktick :/

20220502_091513.jpg

robalex117

Super Anarchist
A friend  had one this weekend and we were playing with it on land.  Smaller than I thought it would be.  But one strange issue was  the heading/compass function would not work.  Boat icon would just spin around and the actual heading numbers would go all over the place.  First we looked for some sort of calibration like you need to do with iphones to calibrate their compasses.  But nothing in the manual.  Anybody think they know what is going on?

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
A friend  had one this weekend and we were playing with it on land.  Smaller than I thought it would be.  But one strange issue was  the heading/compass function would not work.  Boat icon would just spin around and the actual heading numbers would go all over the place.  First we looked for some sort of calibration like you need to do with iphones to calibrate their compasses.  But nothing in the manual.  Anybody think they know what is going on?
Were you inside of a house/building?

robalex117

Super Anarchist
Were you inside of a house/building?
outside.  GPS seemed like it was working since we were get SOG.  But heading was all over the place and I am thinking this is actual compass heading and not COG.    Another interesting thing was when the device was first turned on heading was fairly constant and then after about  5 or 10 seconds it started bouncing around.  

Latest posts