Vakaros

jackattack

Anarchist
Sydney
I've just received mine and all appears to be working fine. No issues with the heading at all.

Having some issues trying to create custom screens through the app but that's not a big concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fonx

Estonia
I also asked about my order and was told “We are expecting to ship your order after May the 15th, at the latest.”
I wanted to write that few more days and we will see. But then I noticed wording.

I was told that my estimated shipping time is may the 25th. (Order nr 5130)

robalex117

Super Anarchist
outside.  GPS seemed like it was working since we were get SOG.  But heading was all over the place and I am thinking this is actual compass heading and not COG.    Another interesting thing was when the device was first turned on heading was fairly constant and then after about  5 or 10 seconds it started bouncing around.  
Epilog to this is device was sent back and the new one received works as expected.

Clockwork

Since there are a few investors out there with their new A2 ... how about a report on the new features?

Through the Water Speed, Depth and Wind Sensor integration?

RaceSence?

Backlight?

Data Logging?

Other new features? 

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
I pinged them again today since May 15th came and went, and they told me I'd been bumped to May 27 (#5102).
Well, now I have my answer because we're order neighbors, I'm 5101.  Sounds like I won't have it for my race on the 28th.  Ugh.

nige

Super Anarchist
Since there are a few investors out there with their new A2 ... how about a report on the new features?

Through the Water Speed, Depth and Wind Sensor integration?

RaceSence?

Backlight?

Data Logging?

Other new features? 
Investors?  I was expecting more "speculators"...

I received mine last week along with the wind and BS sensor (I'm so funny).  (Order number 4972)

I do love the unit itself and do believe the response, visibility, size etc for the right boat, are better than any of the other options out there, but as you are aware there are so many "but"s.

Backlight  - looks great, no auto sense yet. Have to turn it on in the app.   One mystifying decision is the top line of LEDS are all turned on red when you turn it on, which is the last place you want extra LEDS shining when the backlight is on.    Perfectly usable though.

No race sense (that wasn't expected yet)

Data logging  works as expected.

Sensor integration -  nope.   Its been fun playing with the ultrasonic anemometer with the dedicated app, but I was definitely hoping waiting this long for it all they would have that together by now.

New features:   helpdesk staff.  They appear to have a very polite lady called Sarah who actually responds pretty quickly, so thats an upgrade.   Unfortunately for her, resolving any of the real issues is outside of her control and I'm a bit beyond being placated by polite ways of saying "no"

The promising thing is that things are moving and changing.  The infuriating thing is the continued policy of a marketing style of communication instead of transparency.     I'm still hanging on by a thread in the love/hate relationship.   

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Investors?  I was expecting more "speculators"...

I received mine last week along with the wind and BS sensor (I'm so funny).  (Order number 4972)

I do love the unit itself and do believe the response, visibility, size etc for the right boat, are better than any of the other options out there, but as you are aware there are so many "but"s.

Backlight  - looks great, no auto sense yet. Have to turn it on in the app.   One mystifying decision is the top line of LEDS are all turned on red when you turn it on, which is the last place you want extra LEDS shining when the backlight is on.    Perfectly usable though.

No race sense (that wasn't expected yet)

Data logging  works as expected.

Sensor integration -  nope.   Its been fun playing with the ultrasonic anemometer with the dedicated app, but I was definitely hoping waiting this long for it all they would have that together by now.

New features:   helpdesk staff.  They appear to have a very polite lady called Sarah who actually responds pretty quickly, so thats an upgrade.   Unfortunately for her, resolving any of the real issues is outside of her control and I'm a bit beyond being placated by polite ways of saying "no"

The promising thing is that things are moving and changing.  The infuriating thing is the continued policy of a marketing style of communication instead of transparency.     I'm still hanging on by a thread in the love/hate relationship.   
I know of another future employee of Vakaros.  He just graduated from college and I'm not sure if he's working remote or not but I think that he's going to be doing marketing/social/content for vakaros, and he's a good sailor too.

Clockwork

What's going on at Vakaros?  Jackdaw not there anymore?  I see new names on their website.  

Big selling point of the Atlas 2 (and 1) was the promise of sensor integration.  A few users in the wild had it... Will the general masses get it?  

Been very quiet out there.  No software updates or new feature propaganda.  Going the way of RaceGeek?

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
What's going on at Vakaros?  Jackdaw not there anymore?  I see new names on their website.  

Big selling point of the Atlas 2 (and 1) was the promise of sensor integration.  A few users in the wild had it... Will the general masses get it?  

Been very quiet out there.  No software updates or new feature propaganda.  Going the way of RaceGeek?
FWIW Clockwork, I asked:

"Description: now that the devices are shipping, when do you expect to release connectivity for speed and wind? I bought a DST810 specifically because I was under the impression that was in the release firmware. Also want to know if you'll be supporting the wireless WS320 at any time in the future. First sail with the device will be May 25."

The response:
"

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know your concerns. We completely understand your concerns about the software updates but we can assure you we are working as fast as possible to be able to release it, we know we are getting close to doing it.
In regards to supporting the wireless WS320, it is on our plans for future upgraded versions of our Atlas. And we will be sure to let our customers know once it is available."

This was on May 19

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT

I heard that Jackdaw parted ways with the company a week or two ago and they have a new person in that position in a couple of weeks.  

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Just been told my order eta  #5042 is June 15th
Ugh...and it slides again.  I was wondering if something was up since I hadn't received a shipping notice.  

Guess I won't have it for the next race day either.  

That friend starts working for them on June 6th so I will have good insight after that.

arr4ws

Super Anarchist
im in the process of adding a DST-810 with my atlas 2 at the moment. Not an ''easy'' task since my boat doesnt have any electronics , but should be done in the next 2 weeks.

arr4ws

Super Anarchist
How are you doing that?  Did they give you the beta?  I’m hitting a brick wall on that front..
Did i forgot to read the fine print and the sensor arent already supported?

i tought they were already.

nige

Super Anarchist
Did i forgot to read the fine print and the sensor arent already supported?

i tought they were already.
Dammit, I though you were going to have an option I could leverage : ( 

yeah, despite nothing about it when you buy them,  the manual says it’s being tested right now, although getting a beta to test it seems tricker than during similar times with the v1.

no eta, but “rest assured, we’re working on it as fast as we can”

maloner

durope
More than Duped. The website says the device supports sensors & encourages you to buy them & shows you the screen layouts & how speed & depth alarms work with LEDs

Screenshot_20220531-215004_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220531-214957_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest posts