Vendee Globe 2016?

maartenvr

Waitemata
Forss, you used to list a contribution label on the tracker; with the excellent service of now providing a superior tracker for the SH and keeping up the good work on VG, can you let me know where to make my donation to keep up the good work?

Thank you very much,Maarten

Zander

On the road
This could be a really interesting 60 hrs at the front with two low wind transition zones between the leaders and the trade winds. Should still be a first in first out scenario though.

Alex_

Chasm

Super Anarchist
The big chicken should now be around the last cape, back in 7th Louis Burton is playing chicken with the ice zone.

Sebastien is almost around Cape Leeuwin. Who thought that he would make it that far?

Any idea what Pieter is going to do?

300nm to go for Paul until Tahiti.

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
The man in black is back... so nice of ALC to wait for him. Or he listened to Jack.

South Atlantic is for weather strategy the worst part of the world for a round trip, but normally you can hang on if you enter first.

Remember how close it came with the Professor and the Girl years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierre S

60 Norff
Alex is quite lucky with the weather at the moment. Just sayin'...
Well he just made his luck by making a difficult transition sailing on the talking edge of a system. Similar to Armel did a couple of times before that were called excellent weather routing!

Yes luck is involved but you have to sail well to take your luck!
That was precisely my point. A few days ago Armel picked up 500 nm and for some here he just was "lucky".

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I was doing some last minute Xmas shopping on Saturday and found myself in a Hugo Boss store going through T-Shirts for one of my kids. I said to the storeperson "What do you think of Alex Thomson's efforts so far in the Vendee Globe?" He said "Who is Alex Thomson?". I pulled out my phone and started showing a few vids. Soon all the other staff plus a few customers were all oohing and aaghing. Alex and the VG now has another 8 or so new fans.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
The man in black is back... so nice of ALC to wait for him. Or he listened to Jack.

South Atlantic is for weather strategy the worst part of the world for a round trip, but normally you can hang on if you enter first.

Remember how close it came with the Professor and the Girl years ago.
You dead right there Leo...What looks like a good plan on Monday is custard by Wednesday this side of the Equator...but some comfort is there is not a lot of passing lanes. Alex needs to chop a lot of wood right now.

Renee

Any idea what Pieter is going to do?
Not sure even Pieter knows yet. Sounds like he'll be busy sorting his boat in the calmer weather pattern and keeping fingers crossed that a solution comes through for the autopilot. Several people took to B&G's Facebook page about Pieter's situation. B&G insists they have a tech team who has been in contact with Pieter's shore team and the dealer.

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Sam has had a good Christmas. Coville successfully routed to a record breaking run, and her Romain has made it to Leeuwin.

https://twitter.com/samanthadavies/status/813721549958156288

C0rrb8nXAAAc7G0.jpg

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
For those who think luck explains the positions, you’re bound to be right if you pick one of the two leaders. About the upcoming weather, Armel gives the advantage to Alex:

It is not easy at the moment, the weather is not with me and it will not work out unfortunately. At Cape Horn I managed to take more than 800 miles ahead of me and it's the other way round, with each turn to have favorable conditions, but it's very frustrating. I have a anticyclone that my bar the road and I don ' I have no other choice but to go in. Alex Thomson is going to come back again in the next few hours.

It's a very complicated part of the South Atlantic. The files and the weather are very unstable. But you have to re-motivate yourself to find the best exit door and restart the machine!
Chrome trans; http://www.voile.banquepopulaire.fr/news/un-passage-delicat/

Varan

Super Anarchist
"But you have to re-motivate yourself to find the best exit door and restart the machine!"... Words of wisdom.

Latest posts