Vendee Globe 2020 - Virtual Race

Marty6

Anarchist
Kempten
Voiles & Voiliers quoted 00.30  06.30. 12.30, 18.30 CET  

Any ideas which is correct?
Not sure about the differences. The GFS site states 00:00, 06:00, 12:00, 18:00 UTC (GMT+1).

The times @Your Mom and i stated are the ones when the zezo router starts integrating the weather update (the process was described by @Your Mom in a previous post). In the past those were also the times the game updated weather but maybe they changed something, but i suspect we would have noticed a 2 hour difference. And currently the zezo router data correlates exactly with the game data for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty6

Anarchist
Kempten
Nah. CET is currently GMT+1 (mistake in the my last post) but the times i posted and the Voiles & Voiliers times still differ by 2 hours.

00.30  06.30. 12.30, 18.30 CET =>  05:30 11:30 17:30 23:30 GMT (Voiles & Voiliers)

03:30, 09:30, 15:30, 21:30 GMT (me)

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
Nah. CET is currently GMT+1 (mistake in the my last post) but the times i posted and the Voiles & Voiliers times still differ by 2 hours.

00.30  06.30. 12.30, 18.30 CET =>  05:30 11:30 17:30 23:30 GMT (Voiles & Voiliers)

03:30, 09:30, 15:30, 21:30 GMT (me)
Thanks for the input. I will watch out for a change at the times you indicate. Especially this evening - I am way out west close reaching at 14.8 knots (and I dont even have the fancy sail package) for the hoped for major shift. Get it right and I could pass upwards of 250,000 boats!

daan62

Super Anarchist
Yep, same. I look good now, but that's going to change soon
i meant that i will get the new wind in +/- 12 hours... not that it's going to cost me +/- 12 hours... (still hopefull ... fiirst time full options... saved all the coins from other races for this race... saved 12.000 too much... oi...)

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
i meant that i will get the new wind in +/- 12 hours... not that it's going to cost me +/- 12 hours... (still hopefull ... fiirst time full options... saved all the coins from other races for this race... saved 12.000 too much... oi...)
I'll be there in about 14 from the looks of it. Cracked off and making tracks.

Super Anarchist
Chicago
New wind in 6 hours for WetHog and me, unless some crazy update rolls through. 

mad

Super Anarchist
Hello,

Welcome to 70 odd days of misery and despair.

Here is a rough and ready ranking at about 01:00UTC on Monday 9th Nov.

Due to the marvels of the VR search system there are a few boats that I cannot find.  Please follow me "Mongrel" and I will add you to the list.

Please also bear in mind that these rankings mean absolutely nothing as most people are not heading towards the first turning mark and are only likely to cause unreasonable frustration or unjustified confidence.....  Enjoy!

Place

SA Name

Boat Name

Dist to Leader

Vin

Divided Sky

Giddy Up

G-Troit_Express_SA

kea.nn

kea.nn SA

Mid

SA_Mid

TPG

Hooperdrivestheboat

Blue Mountain YC 

shockwave11

Marty6

Cambodunum_VSC

Driftwood

Me Rongo Rekohu SA

Iced Tea

rule69

Mud Sailor

Mudsailor SA

Gufmiester

Big Balls

Vibroman

Vibroman_SA

Gybe Turkey

Gybe Turkey

Your Mom

Your Mom SA

Kapt'n Kirk

prowler_1-SA

Wet Hog

WetHog-SA

mad

CapnK

KR deCap

CordRipper

RumHam

Kenny Dumas

SA_ Kenny Dumas
70 days??!!! I fucked it day 2 by going to far north.  Bets on the first Anarchist home and time taken?

mad

Super Anarchist
The radio sends notifications via email and phone notifications (if active on your phone) if you're using the wrong sail or run aground.  Unfortunately, turning notifications on in your phone also results in you being notified every time someone follows or unfollows you and every time a follower joins a race, and I think also every time someone sends you a message.  So I have notifications turned off in my phone, or I'd get pinged all day and night.  So the radio is mostly useless to me. I'd use it if the game had settings internally about which events should trigger notifications.
Glad I never bothered with that, especially as my phone notifications are off most weekends.

mad

Super Anarchist
Actually I just managed to create a new account. Not putting a penny in it though, it's for an 8yo. who (thank God) is not that much into video games (yet). He just started sailing in the local Opti team and he's totally hooked, but he didn't want to go sailing on Sunday (pouring rain and 30 knots gusts) so he watched the start and wanted to play the Virtual race.
What name is sailing under?  He's probably going to beat me at the rate I'm going.............better sails just mean I'm going fast in the wrong direction. :p

mad

Super Anarchist
It’s killing me to not have a light jib. I went from 40K to 140K since it lightened up. 100 fucking thousand boats sailed right past me!!  

Time to start Cheap Anarchy YC. We’ll start it as a team and apply for YC status if it matters maybe. Any words of wisdom on how to best start a team?  Is it a problem to call a team and YC the same name etc?  

Sorta like JAM:  polish only 

Please create a new boat if you are running a better rig already. You can start at the frigate with a new boat. 
I'm just happy to be in the 200K group....just