Vendee Globe 2020 - Virtual Race

Hello All

Viper640 is my username in the game and am looking forward to this race. I have purchased the full pack and VIP,  and have a team setup, so I'm invested. Small problem though, I can't login.... as I logged out and forgot my password. Can anyone direct me to get some help to login? I have done the reset password option multiple times but have not received any email from them. I have checked my spam folder, nada, I have gone to the VR website and looked for help but nothing. I cannot connect to support for help as i cannot login!!!!

Cheers

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Viper,  sorry I cannot help 

Nicely played to Mom who has just posted the second fastest time in the Mauritius Time Trial. He walked away from me rather effortlessly. Surprising! Maybe not......

Your Mom

Super Anarchist
San Antonio, TX
Thanks, TR.  NZ-Eligo have had numerous battles in records like this.  A huge part of those events is choosing the right start time, and he and I seem to have a knack for it.

Viper, I'm sorry to say I have no advice and am worried you might have a mess on your hands.  VR's support is notoriously slow to respond to support requests.  Especially in times like this when they get overwhelmed.  VIP should theoretically get you faster support, but if you can't log in, then I guess you can't log a VIP support request.  You can try logging a message in their forum (although I guess you'd have to register a sock to do it)...  Or if you have a friend with a VIP account, I guess they could log a support request on your behalf.  (I don't have VIP, so I won't get a faster response than you).  I guess just do what you can with that, and then in parallel, try logging in with every password you can think to try.  I don't think they have a limit on how much you can try.

Usually, once you've logged in on a computer or your phone, it remembers your logon, even if you reboot, until you clear your cookies or log out.  You don't even need to tell the computer to remember your password.  It simply doesn't ask you to log in again.  Of course, if you're using a shared computer, then I guess logging out is necessary.

Viper, I'm sorry to say I have no advice and am worried you might have a mess on your hands.  VR's support is notoriously slow to respond to support requests.  Especially in times like this when they get overwhelmed.  VIP should theoretically get you faster support, but if you can't log in, then I guess you can't log a VIP support request.  You can try logging a message in their forum (although I guess you'd have to register a sock to do it)...  Or if you have a friend with a VIP account, I guess they could log a support request on your behalf.  (I don't have VIP, so I won't get a faster response than you).  I guess just do what you can with that, and then in parallel, try logging in with every password you can think to try.  I don't think they have a limit on how much you can try.
Thanks for the advise Mom. I did create another account and filed a help request to VR but don't expect to hear anything back in time for the start of the race. Since I purchased the full pack and won't be able to use it, I have been in contact with my credit card company.

Sail Fast

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
PDX
I’m just using the free points so far.  Is there a class of SA’rs that race the cheap boats?  Or is there a way to sort for similar boats?  Or do you guys all just buy the full pack?  I was down to 9000+ place in the Bermuda race till I got the light air jib and worked the pressure on the right to crawl back to sub 5000. It wasn’t much fun watching boats sail by without knowing their setup. 

SA_Kenny Dumas

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
PDX
I did polish my foils but haven’t bought any sails. Maybe we start a “SA stock” slow class with only foil polish?  Have you guys done this before?  If we call the team SA Polish, we could have Polish groupies!

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Can anyone get in to preset a course? I've managed to get in and let them take my money, but I can't get to the main Vendee game page. I'm off sailing now and I'm concerned that there may be a few cheeky beers involved after and I'll end up playing catch up as usual. 

Mudsailor

Anarchist
So Cal
Going full pack and VIP....splashing the cash.....just hope Virtual Regatta doesn’t screw it up......

logged in and it tells me routing is available 5 days before start...well it’s a few hours to go and still not active...not looking good

Mudsailor SA ready to go

Last edited by a moderator:

blz

Hi all;

Anarchist sailors might be interested by alternative non-commercial sailing games that run the Vendée Globe ?

- Virtual Loup de Mer https://v-l-m.org/ is much like VR (with interpolated winds), completly free, and with a lot of nice tools like the qtvlm router

- regattagame http://www.regattagame.net runs with "cells winds" (1° usually) and has only two wind changes a day. A 20 euros a year contribution gives you more scheduler points (12 instead of 5) and the use of the double scheduler. The VG will start tonight at 20h00 UTC+1 on regattagame.

Fair winds wherever you sail !

Latest posts