Vendee Globe 2020

climenuts

Anarchist
PNW
Looks like the Western split made gains over the last four hours. The Western split also looks divided between boats sailing 60-70°TWA and 90-110°TWA.

Any speculation as to VMG angles in the light stuff off the foils?

Miffy

Super Anarchist
Just can't imagine why anyone would actually want to sail round the world shut up in the inside of a black box. I like to see people having fun!
Aren't you the same fellow who thought VOR65's were stupid and dangerous because of water over the deck? An center cockpit that's indoors is suddenly too much for you?

staysail

Super Anarchist
Aren't you the same fellow who thought VOR65's were stupid and dangerous because of water over the deck? An center cockpit that's indoors is suddenly too much for you?
No. Not me.

I don't like the 65s but not for that reason. Just they are slow (compared with the 70s and Imocas) and not fun to sail. At least that's what folk who have raced them first time round told me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your Mom

Super Anarchist
San Antonio, TX
Good opportunity shortly for Burton to serve his penalty.  Get headed, get into the light stuff, and then go sleep for 5 hours while it shifts, dies, and builds back up again.  Resume sailing on the other tack in more breeze that's building.

You know very well that the frustration was NOT the fact that the conversation has been in English; this is a forum ran by an American, after all! The frustration was that more than 50% of the discussion was on Alex Thomson and Hugo Boss, at the expense of all the other competitors performance.
Well, if you communicate with the world, the world responds... I have trouble followind the French sailors because I don't know wtf they are. I know who AT is, and I understand his language.

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
If you look back above you will see that someone commented on the face that the midday briefing was conducted in English. I then posted a comment, in which i noted that I was surprised/shocked to see that indeed the English version of the broadcast had not been preceded/followed by a version in French. I was really surprised.

Having then noticed that the evening show was boardcast in French.....I then wanted to point that out i.e. good on you Vende doing right by your home audience. Honestly, your trying to tar me but hey ho.

At not point was i addressing the issue of coverage of Alex Thompson, if that indeed was the source of French frustration. Hopefully Vende will read the comments and try to address it with more content from the French sailors......which would be great. 

Next.
It looks like I mis-understood you.

Sorry about that.

Rainbow Spirit

Anarchist
Sydney, Aus
I would think that in the next few hours the fleet will tack to the SW/WSW, in an attempt to avoid the huge dead patch off the coast of Portugal which will extend well south down the African coast this year. The real question is how far west will they go? A complex weather system is brewing west of the Azores with strong winds.

Zezo is suggesting a big swing out to the west before heading south halfway between the Canaries and the CV islands.

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
routing analysis anyone?

Vendee20.JPG

Vendeesum.JPG

Latest posts