Vendee Globe 2020

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Sheesh. Listening to all the troubles Louis had with halliards, keel, and more which 'forced him to take other nav. options", almost sounds like his troubles luckily put him onto better routes. 

Previously thought he was a real hard ass, willing to push the limits. Can't tell with all the translation filters, but is he really that modest?  

Rumoured he raced to the Horn just to get a racy pic ? LOL

Either way, an even more interesting sailor

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Go Yannick..! Amazing effort to win this with an older gen boat. Bet Alex wishes he head of raced his older boat too? LOL Although Alex likes the indoors cockpit nowadays. 

heymatey

CT
Good for Yannick. I felt so bad his 400+ mile lead evaporated off the Brazilian Coast. Kept fighting all the way to the end. Well done!

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Talk about picking a lay line from far out.  Yannick has really nailed it
Nailed it indeed. 

We have a Winner. Impressed how he never gave up after losing that 400 or so nm stuck in Rio. 

And the winner has to wait an hour for the Live coverage  <_<

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Coming in hot - was up to 24 knots 5 minutes ago

image.png

crashtack

So is Boris the new AT? I hope we'll get to see his redemption arc next edition - I'm sure he won't have trouble finding funding!

Foils

Vancouver
Amazing race finish - best of all time!  Congrats to Yannick, Charlie, and Louis - all top notch people and out of this world sailing stars!  As said earlier, they are all WINNERS!