Vendee Globe 2020

grandsoleil

Switzerland
The German TV will try to get a signal from the VG, starting live at 10:00 UTC / 11:00 CET: the live stream will also be shwon on this site: Yacht Magazine

Edit: Very Lazy Yack beat me

Edit 2: this German livestream will now be at 1300UTC, when boris arrives into the channel in Le Sables.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Yannick deserved the win IMO. He stopped to help in a crisis and then went on to generate a 400 mile lead that was later evaporated. He obviously put together a reliable boat and in the end that and his weather routing and tactics got him the overall win. There's a lesson to be learnt going forward and that is reliability comes 1st, speed comes second IMO. Well done to all the skippers who make the course in what will be considered a very difficult  Vendee. 

Huge congrats to Yannick Bestaven.  It sounds like he needed to overcome a lot just to get back to the starting line after his 2008 VG dismasting.  I'm excited to see what's to come for him. 

jimmyuk81

UK
Frustrating the live looks set to miss Boris arriving...  :(

Just behind him looks like it's going to be very close between Seguin and Pedote. I thought Pedote had enough to get clear ahead when they were just inside the 200nm circle, but since then Seguin has done a great job of sailing lower and at times faster. I think he's now close enough to sneak in ahead, but let's see how fast Pedote can go following his gybe...

igim

Europe
Very impressive to see how the starboard foil is swinging with the waves. Must have been a pretty harsh crash. Amazing that he was able to make it hold together

I wonder what about possible outside assistance in Boris' case? I understood him his sails and shrouds were entangled with fishing boat cranes, is it allowed in this case to get help from fishing boat crew to set him free again? or he made it himself anyway? Bernard Stamm's case comes to mind and the rules were/are pretty rigorous

on the other hand I hope he hasn't received any help or the rule doesn't apply if he has, I was really gutted for him and rooting for him all the way, not to mention that I've been living in Hamburg for five years and hoped that the win comes this time in HH 

Bebmoumoute

Anarchist
Nantes, France
boris.png

jimmyuk81

UK
Damn, that foil is seriously fucked isn't it.  :eek:

@steinbrenner - the way Boris described the incident in his video, he managed to "slip past" the fishing boat (IIRC) to get free - I don't think any of the crew were involved.

Latest posts