Vendee Globe 2020

tallyho

Norway
Aa great Podcast to get some extra insights, "Bar Karate" is focussing on the vendee and have lined up some pretty good interviews. Pretty funny too. Last episode they spoke to Andrew Cape, (Disclaimer, part of Voldemorts team*). Some interesting takeouts on the way different foils will perform in different conditions, the level of preparation of the top boats... and they expect the southern ocean to be above average windy!

*He who shall not be named for fear of upsetting some of our regulars :)

minca3

Aa great Podcast to get some extra insights, "Bar Karate" is focussing on the vendee and have lined up some pretty good interviews. Pretty funny too. Last episode they spoke to Andrew Cape, (Disclaimer, part of Voldemorts team*). Some interesting takeouts on the way different foils will perform in different conditions, the level of preparation of the top boats... and they expect the southern ocean to be above average windy!

*He who shall not be named for fear of upsetting some of our regulars :)
do you have a link?

ague

Funny, the DST has been repostionned (now correctly?) on the official tracker. Earlier today, it was not only showing Charal (north) but also Corum (south east) entering it. 

Potter

Super Anarchist
apparently everyone is going west (including Le Cam). Everyone? No, there is Isabelle heading SE ...
There is video on the Vendee Globe site from her with her Mainsail fully down, not sure why, but must have had an issue.  Not sure if hat affects her course or not.

To continue with the French giving the US crap update times, they are also not putting any of the onboard footage ont he English VG site...including the English stuff, you need to go to vendeeglobe.org/fr/web-tv to find it!

minca3

show off dolphin photo bombs Didacs onboard video:

didac.jpg

There is video on the Vendee Globe site from her with her Mainsail fully down, not sure why, but must have had an issue.  Not sure if hat affects her course or not.

To continue with the French giving the US crap update times, they are also not putting any of the onboard footage ont he English VG site...including the English stuff, you need to go to vendeeglobe.org/fr/web-tv to find it!
Ah... I was wondering where all those videos were accessible.

Thanks.

minca3

Don't understand what she's saying but the latest onboard implies she has it back up again:

minca3

just compared with the official youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pdv_hgDx7oTT3kJAMnd5A

looks pretty similar to me

Potter

Super Anarchist
Ah... I was wondering where all those videos were accessible.

Thanks.
Yeah, I use Chrome, and had it auto translating the website, so had not looked on the En site. My better half was looking at the site in another browser and we could not work out why I was getting the videos and she wasn't...Doh.

Also saw this piece from Jean Le Cam there on the news feed.

“It's not bad, but this morning, I fell asleep completely: I was exhausted. I woke up seven miles from the coast, had to do a messy tack, with the matossage and all that. Stacking should be prohibited on these boats! I fell asleep, complete chaos like in Figaro. You don't know where you are anymore. It's weird ... The alarm clock didn't ring. It takes time to get used to it, to pick up the pace. At the start of the race, it's complicated to sleep, you don't sleep for 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts