Vendee Globe 2020

5 minutes ago, minca3 said:

Don't understand what she's saying but the latest onboard implies she has it back up again:

Something about "le bricolage est terminee".  I think bricolage is home improvement or house repairs, so I think she's joking that she's finished her home improvements once the mainsail went back up.

Yeah, I use Chrome, and had it auto translating the website, so had not looked on the En site. My better half was looking at the site in another browser and we could not work out why I was getting the videos and she wasn't...Doh.

Also saw this piece from Jean Le Cam there on the news feed.

“It's not bad, but this morning, I fell asleep completely: I was exhausted. I woke up seven miles from the coast, had to do a messy tack, with the matossage and all that. Stacking should be prohibited on these boats! I fell asleep, complete chaos like in Figaro. You don't know where you are anymore. It's weird ... The alarm clock didn't ring. It takes time to get used to it, to pick up the pace. At the start of the race, it's complicated to sleep, you don't sleep for 5 minutes.
Glad he woke up when he did.  The bolded part sounds familiar, but the outcome different..

yl75

Super Anarchist
France
Something about "le bricolage est terminee".  I think bricolage is home improvement or house repairs, so I think she's joking that she's finished her home improvements once the mainsail went back up.
"bricolage" is not necessarily home related (although often), can be on a car, boat or anything,  more synonimous to DIY or handiwork.

Miffy

Super Anarchist
Cremer on BP is doing very well - definitely the fastest of the non-foilers but also positioning the boat in always sensible locations - very good job for someone who only three years ago was doing Pogo 3s

oioi

Super Anarchist
To continue with the French giving the US crap update times, they are also not putting any of the onboard footage ont he English VG site...including the English stuff, you need to go to vendeeglobe.org/fr/web-tv to find it!
Cheers,  just watched the latest Pip Hare and Alex Thomson vids. What a difference, definitely a different race,  almost a different sport! Pips boat looks really exposed!

Potter

Super Anarchist
Cheers,  just watched the latest Pip Hare and Alex Thomson vids. What a difference, definitely a different race,  almost a different sport! Pips boat looks really exposed!
The cockpit is tiny. Sat in there talking with her and Paul (Larsen) back in September, and there really is very little space.  Down below is full of bulkheads as well (let alone the keel block and tackle), so that seems half the size of the current generation.  She genuinely looks less tired now than she did back then!

WGWarburton

Anarchist
Scotland
They are the two extremes on the exposure spectrum- HB designed to be completely enclosed, Medallia is probably the most dated boat in the fleet- the only one with a single central daggerboard. Alex is looking to win, Pip will be happy with a last place, as long as she finishes, I think; look at her excitement when she highlights that there are boats BEHIND her after the start... if she beats anyone home she will be over the moon.

Cheers,

W.

Miffy

Super Anarchist
The cockpit is tiny. Sat in there talking with her and Paul (Larsen) back in September, and there really is very little space.  Down below is full of bulkheads as well (let alone the keel block and tackle), so that seems half the size of the current generation.  She genuinely looks less tired now than she did back then!
The relief of getting to the start line after such a Herculean effort to get here must be liberating.