Vendee Globe 2020

minca3

2 hours ago, james_007_bond said:

Do anybody understand what Alex is saying in the latest update? It sounds like he is underwater :)

Chasm

Super Anarchist
The relief of getting to the start line after such a Herculean effort to get here must be liberating. 
Now she "only" has to arrive. Simple enough.
So far it looks like she has a plan and sticks to it. Only a little wiggle in her track.

Miffy

Super Anarchist
Looking at the weather the next 12 hrs - I'd say the northwestern most boats are gonna have the advantage - the eastern boats are gonna be behind 100nm by the end of the next 24 hrs and potentially get becalmed by the low pressure butted up against the system, while the northern west boats are gonna be able to hook onto the end of the system and head south and even avoid becalmed in the doldrums 

ctutmark

Super Anarchist
PNW
2 hours ago, james_007_bond said:

Do anybody understand what Alex is saying in the latest update? It sounds like he is underwater :)

Wireless microphone too far from the computer? And/or shielded by all the carbon? 

Chasm

Super Anarchist
The sound goes bad as soon as he puts his head through the hatch. The first seconds after the camera switch he ist standing up while talking and can be heard normally.

I doubt that they forgot to test the wireless connection from the cockpit

Yo.  I'm late to the party here and too lazy (+ gots to get to work) to review every page, BUT!  Is it my imagination or has the Editor decided to completely ignore this race?  No word of it whatsoever on the SA website- conspicuously absent.  Whaddup wit dat?

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Yo.  I'm late to the party here and too lazy (+ gots to get to work) to review every page, BUT!  Is it my imagination or has the Editor decided to completely ignore this race?  No word of it whatsoever on the SA website- conspicuously absent.  Whaddup wit dat?
election dysfunction.

XTR

What do the routing wizards think, the northern boats punch through the front, start to make South toward the Canaries and then catch the back side of the TD? Adds a lot of miles west but my simpleton guesses looks like it keeps them in the wind and at worst reaching and mostly to the stern where they like it.

I really enjoy the armchair routing guessing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts