Vendee Globe 2020

I really hope Charal can be fixed and Beyou can continue racing.

Also, there was some speculation up thread as to whether Apivia was changing route to come to PRB's assistance.  Based on the latest tracker, it doesn't appear so.  Potentially "good" news for PRB?   

minca3

then there were only 3 (of my favorites) left....

Impressed with Alex performance; had the impression he was struggling a lot keeping up with the other fast boats in those light, upwind conditions. And there he is, next to Dalin

yl75

Super Anarchist
France

yl75

Super Anarchist
France

Also, there was some speculation up thread as to whether Apivia was changing route to come to PRB's assistance.  Based on the latest tracker, it doesn't appear so.  Potentially "good" news for PRB?   
I'm not too worried for PRB, the issue is a valve and through hull, not the hull as far as he knows, and Kevin is clearly the right guy to fix these kind of things, he is waiting to be on the right tack to do it.

minca3

What a soul crushing situation for Beyou; if you have a campaign like his there is also the question whether it makes sense to continue. Jeremie wasn't there for the adventure, clearly the goal was winning this. But if he loses a couple of hours or even a day - I don't think he has a chance if HB, Apivia or LinkedOut will finish without major problems

Herman

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Ruyant halved his DTL to Sorel in the past hours from 51 nm @ 0930 CET to 24 nm. Sorel's VMG < 2 kts as he goes WNW - the front has not fully passed him yet. The westerners Ruyant, Simon and Burton in lighter winds now, as they are closest to the HP zone West of the Azores. This HP zones is extending the coming days ENE towards A Coruna at Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarisse is well placed for a non foiler, but it took a toll to get there according to her. She’s exhausted, and will get some rest before removing the reefs and sending the gennaker up. Also something broke on the bottom on the mast she will need to repair, related to halyards. 
https://www.vendeeglobe.org/fr/actualites/20179/clarisse-cremer-je-suis-un-peu-au-bout-du-rouleau?fbclid=IwAR36-lHSYgIDkkignwRehfK_JzPRB_xpIsvoZL6XRfEe0wmnPfeiLR1deQM

Charal is going back to les Sables to repair the rudder and restart!
https://www.vendeeglobe.org/fr/actualites/20184/charal-fait-demi-tour-vers-les-sables-d-olonne

JonRowe

Super Anarchist
Offshore.
What a soul crushing situation for Beyou; if you have a campaign like his there is also the question whether it makes sense to continue. Jeremie wasn't there for the adventure, clearly the goal was winning this. But if he loses a couple of hours or even a day - I don't think he has a chance if HB, Apivia or LinkedOut will finish without major problems
Definitely soul crushing, it'll be a few days lost if he's going back to Les Sables, but there is also the sponsor to consider, fixing the boat and getting back into the race is a great story for the sponsor to get ROI on, and that could swing funding for another attempt... 

yl75

Super Anarchist
France
Indeed, although there has been the case of the 2008-9 edition, where Mich Dej went back to les Sables, restarted 40 hours after the start, on won the race (5 days ahead of Armel Le Cleach). But for Jeremie it will be much more than 40 hours if he can restart.

10 novembre : le passage d'un front froid sur le golfe de Gascogne génère des vents de 35 à 45 nœuds, rafales à 55 nœuds, et des creux de 7 m. À la suite de problèmes électriques et de fuite sur un ballast, le skipper de FonciaMichel Desjoyeaux, fait demi-tour, direction les Sables-d'Olonne, dont il repartira quarante heures après le départ de la course initial4. Le même jour, peu après 18 h, Kito de Pavant et Yannick Bestaven démâtent, au large du golfe de Gascogne. Marc Thiercelin (DCNS) démâte également le 11 novembre vers 7 h 00 au nord-ouest du cap Finisterre.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendée_Globe_2008-2009

Last edited by a moderator: