Vineyard Race 2022

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Snaggy, Espo, J__T and dacapo. All bullshitting about the vineyard race. The more things change the more things stay the same.

Forecast looks slow, Jeff. I know you might want to get around the race course “chop chop” but maybe relax and enjoy the view on deck.

Edit: glad the life raft requirement was removed. You know how I get. We stored it in a cockpit locker on Bermuda for its own protection.
very slow forecast........................hope that forecasts are only that ;-)

DryArmour

Super Anarchist
Seems like a descent day for a yacht race in the sound. Have a great time and please post vids/pics for those of us who are tied down to our desks today. Thank you in advance for getting at least my mind out on the water.

Peter Andersen

Anarchist
Seems like a descent day for a yacht race in the sound. Have a great time and please post vids/pics for those of us who are tied down to our desks today. Thank you in advance for getting at least my mind out on the water.
The forecast shows MAX 6 knots from this afternon until Sunday night for a 240 mile race. Much of that in 2-4 knots current.
Thats what you call decent?

DryArmour

Super Anarchist
The forecast shows MAX 6 knots from this afternon until Sunday night for a 240 mile race. Much of that in 2-4 knots current.
Thats what you call decent?

If you would rather come sit at my desk and bang out work, I will happily trade places with you on board pretty much anything that floats...
Glen Cove is showing 39 knots LOL...

40.90/-73.70 @ 0ft.
Name:
Buoy 44022
Provider:
MARITIME
Valid:
02 Sep 4:45 PM MDT

Temp:
75 °F
24 °C
Dew Point:
58 °F
15 °C
Relh:
56 %
Wind Speed:
9 mph
8 kts
Wind Dir:
E
100°
Gust:
45 mph
39 kts
High & Lows Since Station Midnight
Max Temp:
75 °F
24 °C
Min Temp:
64 °F
18 °C
Max RH:
68 %
Min RH:
51 %
Max Gust:
45 mph
39 kts

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
Petey,
Whaste gonig on? Why our you actteng licke you our gonna die befoire longue?

Ime am lisseneng...........

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
01/Sep/2022 @ 05:38PM
RC will signal Short Course
-
Good evening...
After considerable review of predicted conditions relative to the estimated times to complete the course, the PRO, in concert with the OA, being a bunch of pussies, and had hired a band for the party we have to pay for wether we use it or not, and the tent rental, and the ice sculpture, and risking the shrimp going bad, have made the decision, considering this sport has been dumbed down so mucjh already, in conformance with SI 7.2 (b), to signal the Short Course (Seaflower Reef) for the Vineyard Course competitors. All other classes remain unchanged.
Those boats entered to compete on the Seaflower Reef Course will be scored amongst themselves, not in competition with the Vineyard Course competitors. We wish you all good luck, and thank you for participating in what we have turned into a glorified Stratford Shoal Race but comes with a $500 entry fee for a 40 foot boat ($3.50 per mile for each mile sailed includes a 'free' party and a chance to one day be called a 'Buzzard' some day).

Such BS. This seems like a progressive tax and harms the sailors actually supporting what the race is named for.
WTF. No entries allowed one week before the race? Isnt the object to increase participation and make it easier?
Guy calls the the night before with new found crew and wants to join. Put him on the scratch sheet! It's a Stratford Shoal
race for chrissake. Def not Ultra MAGA R's running this race.

3. ENTRY FEES: 3.1 The entry application shall be accompanied by an entry fee to be paid by credit card or PayPal. The entry fees are based on Length Overall (LOA) which may be rounded downward to nearest whole number. (e.g.: 39.71'= 39').
3.2 Entry Fees are: 3.2.1 Vineyard Course -$9.00 per foot LOA for entries paid before 2000 August 5th. For entries paid after 2000 August 5th, the entry fee will be $12.00 per foot LOA.
3.2.2 Seaflower Reef and Cornfield Point Courses- $7.00 per foot LOA for entries paid before 2000 August 5th. For entries paid after 2000 August 5th, the entry fee will be $9.00 per foot LOA.
3.3 Entries received after 2000 August 19th may be accepted as Very Late Entries at the discretion of the Race Committee.
No entries will be accepted after Friday, August 26th.
3.3.1 Very late entry fees for the Vineyard Course will be $15.00 per foot LOA.
3.3.2 Very late entry fees for the Seaflower Reef and Cornfield Point Courses will be $12.00 per foot LOA.
3.4 No refunds will be given after August 22nd.
Jeez. Does the skipper of Atalanta know his navigator is castigating the OA from the racecourse rather than navigating?

Peter Andersen

Anarchist
Have done 11 Vineyards so you know fuck nothing - which boat are you on, or more importantly which boat do you own that you spend your own dollars on?

First to RET :sneaky:

Peter Andersen

Anarchist
Have done 11 Vineyards so you know fuck nothing - which boat are you on, or more importantly which boat do you own that you spend your own dollars on?
Hey buddy. Congrats you were the first boat to retire in this race.
What happened? We are praying everything is ok!!

gn4478

Perth Amboy, NJ
I have questions too...
How many tables did you guys flip over?
Did you learn how to furl that Code 0?
How many of your female crew were recruited after performing laser hair remvoal on their backs?
I guess you were abused as a child.LOL. I wonder if it would make you feel any better about us beating you in a light air race with a boat that displaces 40,000 lbs if you knew that 6 of the crew had never set foot onboard before the race?