Virtual VOR Game

Loose Cannon

Super Anarchist
Planet Earth
Seeing as SA were the largest team in the last virtual VOR how are we going to instruct, harass and otherwise entertain each other while losing sleep for the next 9 months? The Beta practice opens tomorrow, and there is Facebook integration and Tweeting this time around.

Join us now for the Open Beta of the Volvo Ocean Race Game!

route.jpg

Boats MeRongo I'll be out of town so its late start off the bot fleet.

Hi there Armchair Sailor!

It's almost time for the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 and with it the highly anticipated Volvo Ocean Race Game! In order to prepare for the harsh conditions during the race, we'll be starting an Open Beta test-race in October.

14-19 October 2011

Open Beta Volvo Ocean Race Game, Auckland (New Zealand) to Musket Cove (Fiji)

Click here to join this race

We would like you to join us in this test race and get a taste of the real deal. We've updated the game tremendously since the last outing back in 2009 and we need you to help us dot the i's and cross the t's.

So join us in this race from Auckland to Musket Cove! You'll get a chance to emulate a VO70 in this homage to the race between Camper and the Vodafone catamaran last spring, which Camper almost won! How fast can you clear this route?

The game opens up for season 2011-2012 registration this Thursday at 17.00 (CET) and the open beta race will start Friday, October 14th at 15:00 (CET).

Best regards, Volvo Ocean Race Game team

Last edited by a moderator:

KRC

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
I'll be out of town for the beta test, but I will be doing the real (virtual) race again.

Boat prep is already underway:

-Alarm clock functionality tests

-Coffee maker maintenance and inspection

-Armchair upgrades

-Weaning myself off of sleep

Here we go again :p

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
Noooooo! Again! I'm not ready yet to loose my job... last time I was studying and I just lost a couple of exams, this time it may be harder :D

Loose Cannon

Super Anarchist
Planet Earth
so far, game locked up for half a day, there is no way of finding out what time cycle your position refreshes are, and it doesn't indicate tru wind direction where you are at so you can't tell where you are...

yay.

And did I mention that it looks like everything will cost an arm and a leg? Better be alot of sponsorship for features or this one is a non starter.

alechte

Hard to justify paying money for the game when even the beta version has been off-line for 2 days. And that is with 15 days to go until the first leg.

left hook

Super Anarchist
Hard to justify paying money for the game when even the beta version has been off-line for 2 days. And that is with 15 days to go until the first leg.
Uhh it's offline because they did all of the beta testing they wanted to do. The first boats finished and they pulled it ~5 hours later.

I hope they do away with that crew energy bullshit.

Getting 28th/~13,000 in the beta race was cool though.

alechte

Uhh it's offline because they did all of the beta testing they wanted to do. The first boats finished and they pulled it ~5 hours later.

I hope they don't pull the leg 1 off a couple of hours after the first boat finishes or there will be plenty of angry people.

Loose Cannon

Super Anarchist
Planet Earth

You Go G!

Latest posts