VOR AUCTION - OPPORTUNITIES LOST & STILL THERE?

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
At an art exhibition two women were staring at a painting entitled, "Home for Lunch".

The painting was of three very naked, and very black men, sitting on a park bench. What was unusual was that the men on both ends of the bench had black penises, but the man in the middle had a very pink penis. The two women were standing there, staring at the picture, scratching their heads and trying to figure this out. Like a symbolic gesture of African oppression by a white colonial minority? The artist walked by and noticed the women's confusion. "Can I help you with this painting?" he asked.

"Well, yes" said the one woman. "We were curious about the picture of the black men on the bench. Why does the man in the middle have a pink penis?"

"Oh," said the artist. "I'm afraid you've misunderstood the painting. The three men are not African, they're Welsh coal miners, and the fellow in the middle went "Home for Lunch."

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I'd like to lodge a complaint with the OP.  Some of these posts are way too long and with no punch line at that!
Easy just download the Text-to-Speech App called "Dumb Cunt Can't Read" with the "Groucho Marx" add on  :)

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
At an art exhibition two women were staring at a painting entitled, "Home for Lunch".

The painting was of three very naked, and very black men, sitting on a park bench. What was unusual was that the men on both ends of the bench had black penises, but the man in the middle had a very pink penis. The two women were standing there, staring at the picture, scratching their heads and trying to figure this out. Like a symbolic gesture of African oppression by a white colonial minority? The artist walked by and noticed the women's confusion. "Can I help you with this painting?" he asked.

"Well, yes" said the one woman. "We were curious about the picture of the black men on the bench. Why does the man in the middle have a pink penis?"

"Oh," said the artist. "I'm afraid you've misunderstood the painting. The three men are not African, they're Welsh coal miners, and the fellow in the middle went "Home for Lunch."
Great value add

despacio avenue

Anarchist
Alaska

Jack, I am disappointed in you. Just as it seemed you were returning your postings to their often higher level of taste, you post this shit.
They had better get a move on with the homeless problem.  25,000 and counting.  The thought was to evenly distribute half way houses through the LA basin and spread the load so as not over burden one community.   Welcome to the Bel Air Rehabilitation center.  Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades, Irvine.  The outrage was palpable.  Red faced well to do's popping corpuscles and threatening withholding campaign contributions.  

https://www.courthousenews.com/la-city-council-approves-276-million-for-homeless-housing/

We're all guilty.  China just does it on a larger scale.

Yes, many, maybe most cities who are awarded the Olympic or World Cup games treat the homeless abominably in an effort to "clean it up" around the venues. The notable difference in China, and Sochi as well, is that the host country demolished the homes of residents in order to either construct venues, present a better appealing "image" for tourists, etc.  I did smile about your description and my visualization of the appalled residents of the high end LA communities response to housing the homeless in their area!
Well maybe Ireland is not part of the UK anymore but just across the ditch at Galway a stopover in 2009 and finish in 2012 looks far nicer.

View attachment 271950
My only trip to Galway was many years ago when I was attending Cambridge and my roommate and I visited Ireland during a break. We hitchiked around Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and the people were extraordinarily friendly. I returned to Wales a few years ago, incl. Cardiff, and stayed with a family I had met diving in the Red Sea. Anyway, as an example of the friendliness of the folks around Galway, we were picked up, after walking for hours on a country road with no traffic except four-legged drawn carts, by a veterinarian who took us to his family home and let us stay in the barn with his Irish wolfhounds. It was a welcome dry relief after the relentless rain. 

I'd like to lodge a complaint with the OP.  Some of these posts are way too long and with no punch line at that!
Guilty. 

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
Anyway peace brothers. I said my piece. All quiet now until Gothenburg.

They are all moot points anyway until the RO, whoever they surface as actually make some concrete decisions about the next edition.

SS

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Jack, I am disappointed in you. Just as it seemed you were returning your postings to their often higher level of taste, you post this shit.
Fuck my post addressed replies, colonial oppression, all things misconceived, Cardiff as a stopover and to boot was fuckin funny.plus had a punchline for SX. Your are a hard room mate.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Here we go:

31 May 2017

Next edition of the race planned for 2021 under new ownership

red-line.jpg

"We are determined that the race will go from strength to strength as a sustainable premier world event..."

[SIZE=9pt]Alicante In-Port Race.

Beau Outteridge/Turn the Tide on Plastic[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]Download

​

[SIZE=9pt]Leg 3, Cape Town to Melbourne, start day.

Pedro Martinez/Volvo Ocean Race[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Richard Brisius, President of the 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race

Jesus Renedo/Volvo Ocean Race[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Johan Salén, co-President of the 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race

Jesus Renedo/Volvo Ocean Race[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Richard Brisius and Johan Salén -- President and co-President of the 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race.

Ainhoa Sanchez/Volvo Ocean Race[/SIZE]

​

As the Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18 builds towards an exciting finish in June in The Hague, organisers can confirm the next edition of the race will start in 2021, under new ownership.

Atlant Ocean Racing Spain, led by Richard Brisius, Johan Salén and Jan Litborn, will take over the Volvo Ocean Race from Volvo Group and Volvo Cars, the co-owners of the event for the past 20 years.

Brisius, Salén and Litborn have extensive experience in the premier round the world race, having worked with seven Volvo Ocean Race campaigns over the past 28 years. Brisius and Salén started as sailors in the 1989-90 race, before finding success as team managers, including winning efforts with EF Language (1997-98) and Ericsson 4 (2008-09). Most recently, they managed Team SCA, the all-female entry, in the last edition of the race.

In November 2017, Brisius and Salén were named President and co-President of the current edition of the Volvo Ocean Race.

“The history of this round the world race is inspiring and the future is very promising,” said Brisius. “This race is about people and I am humbled by the prospects to serve some of the finest athletes and sport professionals in this world as well as leading partners to the race and host cities.

“I have been fortunate as many of my dreams have come true. First my dream to sail this race, then my dream be a team manager, followed by my dream to manage the race, and now the dream to be able to steer the future of the race.

“We are in this for the long run and we are determined that the race will go from strength to strength as a sustainable premier world event. I look forward to being part of evolving this unique race by co-operating together with the teams, cities, Volvo and all our key stakeholders.”

The organisers of the race are considering having two classes of boats racing in 2021, potentially with the existing Volvo Ocean 65 one-design class and another class, yet to be determined, competing in the same race.

“We will continue to innovate, and it is promising that from day one we can think long-term as we have the resources secured to deliver the next race already,” said Salén.

“Opening the race to another existing class would allow us to tap into an existing inventory of round the world race boats that are at the cutting edge of technology. We see this as a way to challenge the best sailors in the world with a class that encourages development and sits at the forefront of the sport.”

The current leadership group of the Volvo Ocean Race will continue to engage with stakeholders in the coming weeks to move the race to the next level commercially and from a sporting perspective with a view to sharing some more details by the end of this edition of the race.

While the next race will start in 2021, additional significant racing activity is expected to take place as early as possible to offer stakeholders an extended period of activation in the build-up to the start of the next race and to allow future teams the opportunity to build an extensive training programme.

Volvo Cars will remain as a sponsor of the 2021 race, while there is an ongoing conversation already with existing host cities and sponsors for the 2021 race and prior sailing activities.

“The Volvo Ocean Race has been a great vehicle for building customer relationships, strengthening the Volvo brand and presenting our company and our products to a global audience,” says Kina Wileke, Executive Vice President, Volvo Group Communication.

“After twenty years we feel that it is time to hand over responsibility for this prestigious competition to a new and capable owner with the experience and know-how needed to develop it even further,” says Björn Annwall, Senior Vice President at Volvo Cars. “Volvo Cars will continue to support the next edition of the race as a sponsor with special focus on sustainability.”

The current edition of the Volvo Ocean Race started in Alicante, Spain in October 2017 and will continue as planned.

On the water, the racing has been incredibly compelling, and is building towards one of the closest finishes in the history of the race.

Off the water, this edition of the race is setting new standards for media value, race village footfall, and fan engagement, as well as a driving significant economic impact for the host cities.

The 2017-18 edition of the race is scheduled to finish in The Hague on June 30.

​

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
There should be an announcement any minute now
It will be like being hit with a limp cucumber I hear, race name stays but with independent management. Typical leveraged and vendor assisted MBO.. they have a great history of working out so well too.

PS. They beat me to it.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
The key outtakes

As the Volvo Ocean Race 2017-18 builds towards an exciting finish in June in The Hague, organisers can confirm the next edition of the race will start in 2021, under new ownership.

Atlant Ocean Racing Spain, led by Richard Brisius, Johan Salén and Jan Litborn, will take over the Volvo Ocean Race from Volvo Group and Volvo Cars, the co-owners of the event for the past 20 years.

--------

The organisers of the race are considering having two classes of boats racing in 2021, potentially with the existing Volvo Ocean 65 one-design class and another class, yet to be determined, competing in the same race.

---------

While the next race will start in 2021, additional significant racing activity is expected to take place as early as possible to offer stakeholders an extended period of activation in the build-up to the start of the next race and to allow future teams the opportunity to build an extensive training programme.

Volvo Cars will remain as a sponsor of the 2021 race, while there is an ongoing conversation already with existing host cities and sponsors for the 2021 race and prior sailing activities.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
I just hope that the second, still-to-be-named boat is not an addition for the in-port races. Yes, we already had the discussion about pros and cons of a different in-port boat, but I still don't like the idea.

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
The two fleets sound awkward. A crewed Vendee race with stopovers beside a a VO65 training race. Will be a learning curve.

southerncross

Super Anarchist
Considering.  Not final.  A cutting edge class and the VO65? 

“Opening the race to another existing class would allow us to tap into an existing inventory of round the world race boats that are at the cutting edge of technology. We see this as a way to challenge the best sailors in the world with a class that encourages development and sits at the forefront of the sport.”
Sounds like IMOCA.  What other "existing" RTW with an existing inventory that encourages development?

southerncross

Super Anarchist
“We will continue to innovate, and it is promising that from day one we can think long-term as we have the resources secured to deliver the next race already,” said Salén.
This is an encouraging breath of fresh air.  So far so good.

shanghaisailor

Super Anarchist
Shanghai, China
So they sold the race to the incumbent President.

Just scanning some of the ideas they have mentioned - they are almost ALL Mark Turner's ideas - we wait to see what Atlant will add on top.

Surprising but on balance their record should speak for itself.

Let's see what transpires and how fast.

Wonder what they'll call it :)

SS

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Wonder what they'll call it :)
Fuck me Shang join the dots and let me guess with a Vendor financed Management Buyout (that has no real money behind ithem other than to smooth out the rocky cash flows) it first guarantees another trip to China  and secondly they will call it  the "Xi Jinping Drives a Volvo Around the World Race" surely??? You must be estatic.

Since the 2008/09 Edition the camel jockeys and the Chinese have fucked this race yet with between them have only contributed 2 1/2 Teams in that period to warrant a huge disruption to an iconic event. 

This has been a Chinese orientated and now owned Volvo marketing exercise for 20 years and will continue, nothing has changed, except the banker of it has now de-risked the RO side to the only people who were prepared to accept a race name with the words Volvo in it. They were then the only game in town and now doing some IMOCA marriage incl corinthian shit to bankroll their endeavor.

I'm earmarking this thread for two years out where the "I told you so posts" from many here get rebooted.

Latest posts