VOR Leg 1 Alicante to Lisbon

Potter

Super Anarchist
Of all the legs with likely light breeze this should be Scallywags chance to be in the mix. Less crew equals less stack weight, but it is also a navigators nightmare wiht constantly shifting wind patterns. So that puts their on deck crew down to 6....too much to ask?

Robin_sweden

Will there be a proper watch system on the boats in a leg this length? Feels a bit like it falls between the really short legs of the past where everyone stayed on deck the whole way and the proper ocean legs with real watchrotation.

Could make the difference even greater when you compare Scallywag to TToP in number of crew on watch. 

Going to be an interesting leg :)

Miffy

Super Anarchist
Of all the legs with likely light breeze this should be Scallywags chance to be in the mix. Less crew equals less stack weight, but it is also a navigators nightmare wiht constantly shifting wind patterns. So that puts their on deck crew down to 6....too much to ask?
Huh my expectation was the lighter and shifty conditions favor the teams than can effectuate more and better sail changes and tacks & less of a problem in the established trades. We'll see :)

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
This thread is now boycotted by  LLST or "Long Live Single Threads" a group that protects the rights and lifestyle of  those who can't remember which day it is let alone the million leg numbers of a VOR race. Any prick crossing this picket line will be named and shamed.

Varan

Super Anarchist
This thread is now boycotted by  LLST or "Long Live Single Threads" a group that protects the rights and lifestyle of  those who can't remember which day it is let alone the million leg numbers of a VOR race. Any prick crossing this picket line will be named and shamed.
So what day is it?

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Your toes are getting close to crossing the LLST picket line there mate...are you feeling lucky today or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

jbc

Anarchist
9 hours ago, Alinghi4ever said:

About time?

MAPFRE Alicante In-Port-Race Full Replay :)

So, this was posted by the official VOR YouTube channel, but it's not listed in their publicly viewable videos. So they posted it but kept the video unlisted on their account? Is that right?

I'd think it's more likely that I screwed up and just missed it. I'm curious, if the video is unlisted on their channel, where you found it. Because I need to be looking there in the future.

stufishing

Brisbane
Yep, I couldn't find it. Seems that the video section of the site may not be the best place to be looking for recent video. In previous events, the Youtube video site was excellent.

Don't fix what ain't broke?..........