VOR Leg 1 Alicante to Lisbon

~Stingray~~

Super Anarchist
Not yet. But I still have the position reports spreadsheets from the last edition which I used to convert the data for import in OpenCPN. I presume this edition will be more or less the same.

View attachment 247642

Sweet - thank you, looks like there’s more fun to be had there.

Last edited by a moderator:

southerncross

Super Anarchist
My whole morning is fucked.  Oh well.  Well worth it.  It was very engaging.  Conrad having the presence of mind to just be quiet and let the image speak for itself.  That is priceless.  

~Stingray~~

Super Anarchist
From during the show at Rennie’s link

2D50EE9E-D2C4-432A-A11A-C3F8C50AB30A.jpeg

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Unfortunately the download from FB is only lo-res, but maybe better than nothing?
"Live from Gibraltar Strait" on YouTube:

I'll take it down when there's an official upload to the VOR YT channel.

bucc5062

Super Anarchist
United States
My whole morning is fucked.  Oh well.  Well worth it.  It was very engaging.  Conrad having the presence of mind to just be quiet and let the image speak for itself.  That is priceless.  
Try sneaking that in while at work ;-)  I had three browsers open to keep on top.  At to that picture, yeah...and all that.

southerncross

Super Anarchist
Try sneaking that in while at work ;-)  I had three browsers open to keep on top.  At to that picture, yeah...and all that.
This happened to me last time at the office.  Working from home now I have no self discipline and fear I will be broke and on the street if the race continues like this.

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Unfortunately the download from FB is only lo-res, but maybe better than nothing?
"Live from Gibraltar Strait" on YouTube:
Rennie, (good to see you posting again), any tips on how you posted that live link earlier? I'm guessing it was from the image bank . . . 

NORBowGirl

Super Anarchist
Remember, it's a loooooong race and you are shorthanded so try to not spend ALL your energy too soon ;)

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
Oregon
Vestas sailing with both boards all the way up, but I can't see the keel bulb in any of the videos.  I assume it's fully canted, but would have thought a little board down for better lateral resistance would make sense.  Maybe the keel isn't fully canted?  Does cant show up in telemetry?

bucc5062

Super Anarchist
United States
I hope the tracker update caught Akzo in a gybe for they show only 10.7 in a spot where they should be flying.  Even when they go to longer updates, running a few short hops might be nice so one would not have to look at a bad number and wonder for 6 hours.  Hoping it's just a rough gybe like vs11 had.

Latest posts