VR Sydney to Hobart

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Anyone interested?

I have an interesting dilemma.  3499 credits and what to buy.  At the moment I think I am going with Foils, Code 0 and Light sails.  thoughts on hull polish over Light sails?

I'll start the rankings when I get back to work on 27th Dec.

Cheers,

TR

lahana

Failed State
Went for the same and had just enough for heavy air.  Just my luck it’ll suddenly turn into a light upwind drifter :p
Committed too early eh?!? I'm making plans, but not committing to selection just yet. 

Does anyone know the wind range of the light air sails? I feel like I'm cheating, have consulted the oracle called PredictWind. LoL

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Committed too early eh?!? I'm making plans, but not committing to selection just yet. 

Does anyone know the wind range of the light air sails? I feel like I'm cheating, have consulted the oracle called PredictWind. LoL
If you go into the Zezo page for the Sydney Hobart http://zezo.org/sh/chart.pl? 

Look at the upper left of the screen there is a polars button.  You can select your options and the wind speed and see what sails will be optimal for what angle.

Be careful, you can end spending a long time playing with theses. 

Last edited by a moderator:

lahana

Failed State
If you go into the Zezo page for the Sydney Hobart http://zezo.org/sh/chart.pl? 

Look at the upper left of the screen there is a polars button.  You can select your options and the wind speed and see what sails will be optimal for what angle.

Be careful, you can end spending a long time playing with theses. 
Good info there. Now, due to cost constraints, tossing up between Code 0 and Light Wind sails. Foils are go at present. :)

stufishing

Brisbane
I'm in for Virtual S2H , back after a long break, 192 days break according to Virtual Regatta. Good to see some of the old regular SA crew again! Good luck all. Did you get a real yacht club or are we still using Savannah Yacht club?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts