Wahine 26

MisterMoon

Super Anarchist
What a terrible website design. All style and you never get a good idea of what the boat actually looks like. 

familysailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
Square tube stanchions, bow and stern pulpits...ugh.

Galley sink looks like it's going to be awkward to use even in port. you need to reach over the stove burners to get to the basin of the sink.. wtf?

No fiddles on the stove top. The slightest wake would spill whatever was cooking.

Put wheels on it and call it an amphibious camping trailer/house boat. Lose the mast and keel, put a large awning over the whole barge...

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
What is the down side of square stanchions?  I thought the galley layout was functional.  You do not cross over anything to get to the sink.  The stove top was interesting and I did not think to ask about fiddles, but it is not gimballed so you would not be using it under way.

familysailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
What is the down side of square stanchions?  I thought the galley layout was functional.  You do not cross over anything to get to the sink.  The stove top was interesting and I did not think to ask about fiddles, but it is not gimballed so you would not be using it under way.
Square stanchions: less comfortable to grip. Probably not Stainless...

In the construction photos the sink bowl is next to the burner of the stove top . The drainage portion of the sink is on the island portion of the galley counter-top. Unless they ordered the wrong configuration of the sink, (reversed layout), you're definitely gonna burn your armpit reaching into the sink. You could kneel on the short settee berth and reach over the faucet to access the sink...

Why have an elaborate galley on a cruising boat if there is no intention of using it underway?
art-gallery-interior-01.jpg

art-gallery-interior-09.jpg
art-gallery-interior-11.jpg

familysailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
As built had the stove top off to the side.  The sink is outboard because the refrigerator is a slide out.
Do you mean the cook top is turned 90 degrees from what is shown in the construction photos? The sink bowl is as shown in the photos?

The refer has a hinged vertical door, or slides out with top access?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wahine Yachts

I am curious about the choice of name by a US company .. "Wahine" is a Maori word which means "Woman" 
Yes, the name WAHINE is Hawaiian for Woman!

Aside from our love for the Hawaiian Islands we picked out that name as our designs are entirely inspired by WOMEN attributes:

a)      Beauty = Sleek line designs

B)       Passion = Performance  & technology

c)       Glamour = Uniqueness Style

d)      Strong = Sturdiness against the elements

And the list continues….

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Yes, the name WAHINE is Hawaiian for Woman!

Aside from our love for the Hawaiian Islands we picked out that name as our designs are entirely inspired by WOMEN attributes:

a)      Beauty = Sleek line designs

B)       Passion = Performance  & technology

c)       Glamour = Uniqueness Style

d)      Strong = Sturdiness against the elements

And the list continues….
or you've been reading tillerman's website..

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
While the positive attributes of the gender are admirable,  the boat reminds me more of a tubby broad with a bad haircut and a grating voice who thinks we care about her opinions. 

That and the website is complete shit.

Latest posts