War in UKraine - When is enough, enough?

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
1657993525227.png

1657993577621.png

1657993627135.png

1657993699823.png

First, mass killings of civilians on the streets in Bucha and elsewhere and now deliberate and indiscriminate targeting of civilian apartment buildings and malls with cruise missiles.

We (NATO) went to war in Bosnia and Serbia for far less. How do we morally justify continuing to let this happen? Since the UKR thread has faded to page 2 now, I think it's important we all look in a mirror and ask ourselves how we can sit back and watch these atrocities unfold day after day.

And YES, I am talking about potentially going to war with russia. War is ugly, but there are times when it's justified and required to stop some of humanity's worst instincts. THIS HAS TO STOP NOW! We (The West) are being our usual cowardly pussy selves until it's too late when it could have been nipped in the bud earlier. And BTW, Fuck the nukes! No one is going nuk-a-ler over this. ESPECIALLY Russia.

My reasonable SOLution is to unambiguously tell pooty that the UKR will be admitted to NATO in X number of days (days..... not weeks, months or years) and that the moment the ink is dry, if another bomb, missile or artillery shell from russia falls on Ukrainian soil - then NATO and its allies will act accordingly IAW Article V. And if he doesn't get the message, then we eject russian forces from UKR soil. Period.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
America’s real threat at the moment is the threat that Iran poses to Israel. That’s where the neocons want to take us next. They got a stooge to end the containment regime so now we can go to war over Iran’s noocular ambitions.

I agree with you…somewhat. I think we should tighten the sanction screws first. Embargo the fuckers. Turn the place into North Korea and see if China wants to completely support them, and for how long. Yes, that will hike both gas prices and the number of bullshitters here to own their enemies over it. So be it. If a total embargo is the answer for the Cuban regime, it should be for these murderous fucksticks (who have also attacked our country). Fuck them. If that doesn’t work, then yeah, put Ukraine In NATO and see where it goes.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
And YES, I am talking about potentially going to war with russia.
Do not support. Better to assassinate Putin.
And BTW, Fuck the nukes! No one is going nuk-a-ler over this. ESPECIALLY Russia.
Famous last words.
My reasonable SOLution is to unambiguously tell pooty that the UKR will be admitted to NATO in X number of days (days..... not weeks, months or years) and that the moment the ink is dry, if another bomb, missile or artillery shell from russia falls on Ukrainian soil - then NATO and its allies will act accordingly IAW Article V. And if he doesn't get the message, then we eject russian forces from UKR soil. Period.
Yup.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
America’s real threat at the moment is the threat that Iran poses to Israel. That’s where the neocons want to take us next. They got a stooge to end the containment regime so now we can go to war over Iran’s noocular ambitions.

I agree with you…somewhat. I think we should tighten the sanction screws first. Embargo the fuckers. Turn the place into North Korea and see if China wants to completely support them, and for how long. Yes, that will hike both gas prices and the number of bullshitters here to own their enemies over it. So be it. If a total embargo is the answer for the Cuban regime, it should be for these murderous fucksticks (who have also attacked our country). Fuck them. If that doesn’t work, then yeah, put Ukraine In NATO and see where it goes.
Nah sorry. Nice sentiment, but even the bestest embargo ever devised and enforced is going to take too long to take effect. Not when China and India are still buying gas from pooty. Ain't gonna happen and meanwhile Ukraine is slowly being razed to the ground. We're beyond the ability now for further sanctions to work. Pooty is determined to wait this out, there is little more we can do to him non-militarily. I honestly believe the only thing he will respond to is the actual threat of force. He knows he would get crushed by NATO - and as long as there is no threat of NATO invading Russia proper, then I strongly believe - and more and more people in the know are getting on board with that - that russia will not go nuke over the UKR itself. We eject them back across the border and call it a day.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
We have already financially embargoed the fuck out of Russia which has driven them back to a 90s level of economy. Embargoing their oil+gas exports, basically all of their sea trade, would be the next logical step.

I think we're doing just fine. We need to continue supporting Ukraine and exacting a stiff cost on Russia. Direct conflict (aka War!) gives Putin the heroic out he wants. This when are we going to do something whining reminds me of the when is the DOJ going to do something whining. It's concern trolling.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
We have already financially embargoed the fuck out of Russia which has driven them back to a 90s level of economy. Embargoing their oil+gas exports, basically all of their sea trade, would be the next logical step.

I think we're doing just fine. We need to continue supporting Ukraine and exacting a stiff cost on Russia. Direct conflict (aka War!) gives Putin the heroic out he wants. This when are we going to do something whining reminds me of the when is the DOJ going to do something whining. It's concern trolling.
What about providing Ukraine with longer range weapons with each Russian war crime?

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
What about providing Ukraine with longer range weapons with each Russian war crime?
We have been essentially doing that. The M777s have a 25 mile range. The HIMARS have a 190 mile or more range. You can ask the Russians on Snake Island about this but I think you will find them to be grave men.

Last edited:

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
View attachment 528877

View attachment 528878

View attachment 528879

View attachment 528880

First, mass killings of civilians on the streets in Bucha and elsewhere and now deliberate and indiscriminate targeting of civilian apartment buildings and malls with cruise missiles.

We (NATO) went to war in Bosnia and Serbia for far less. How do we morally justify continuing to let this happen? Since the UKR thread has faded to page 2 now, I think it's important we all look in a mirror and ask ourselves how we can sit back and watch these atrocities unfold day after day.

And YES, I am talking about potentially going to war with russia. War is ugly, but there are times when it's justified and required to stop some of humanity's worst instincts. THIS HAS TO STOP NOW! We (The West) are being our usual cowardly pussy selves until it's too late when it could have been nipped in the bud earlier. And BTW, Fuck the nukes! No one is going nuk-a-ler over this. ESPECIALLY Russia.

It didn't have to stop in Yemen, saw worse come from that one. Saw unspeakably worse in Somalia. Yet we all know how stupid it was to do anything about that, don't we? Somehow this is worth risking thermonuclear war...??

This is war, so the outrage is sadly not yet that great. The Russians were within artillery range of Kyiv for damn near a month but didn't shell it. We slaughtered civis "indiscriminately" when we didn't have smart weapons too. We killed more French to liberate it than the Germans killed invading it, and there will be civilian casualties when the Ukrainians take back the Donbas, count on it. Not buying the line about Russians slaughtering people indiscriminately, and have seen nothing like the genocide that went down in Serbia. Looks about like dumb-bomb wars usually do. Ask the people of Raqqa and Mosul.

mathystuff

Anarchist
I think it's too late to intervene without escalating to WW3. An early no fly zone might have caused Putin to withdraw while saving face, but I don't see that option anymore. Putin is fully commited.

Would he push the button? No clue, but I'd rather not find out.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I'm sorry, but does a mercenary, someone who made a living bombing brown people really have a moral right to recommend going in to save white people?

This war sucks, all wars suck. But I don't remember Jeff hand wringing when Aleppo was turned to dust and by Russian and Assad.

NO WAY should NATO be going in.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Putin isn't Castro, and it's not 1961. I think it's very possible, likely even, that a small team of Mossad agents, or Brit SAS could slip in and pop that bastard before anyone even knew what was happening. Of course, it would be a suicide mission, so getting a few volunteers might be tricky.... Maybe not.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Before you talk about NATO you should at least understand the basic requirements which exclude membership for any country involved in a conflict.

How about we keep on training and supplying Ukraine with better weapons and let them kick Ivan back to their pre-conflict borders.

This needed a new thread? Lonely, seeking attention or a new friend? Have a desire to bomb somebody? Let's just continue to let the adults run things, m-kay?

spankoka

Super Anarchist
Putin isn't Castro, and it's not 1961. I think it's very possible, likely even, that a small team of Mossad agents, or Brit SAS could slip in and pop that bastard before anyone even knew what was happening. Of course, it would be a suicide mission, so getting a few volunteers might be tricky.... Maybe not.
John Bolton has said he is good at this sort of thing.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
:rolleyes:

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I'm sorry, but does a mercenary, someone who made a living bombing brown people really have a moral right to recommend going in to save white people?

This war sucks, all wars suck. But I don't remember Jeff hand wringing when Aleppo was turned to dust and by Russian and Assad.

That's because the Syrian's weren't willing to fight for their country, so why should I?? Instead, a huge proportion of the fighting aged men by the millions fled on boats to Greece and bound for Germany so they could lead better lives while leaving their wives and kids at home or in refugee camps in Jordan and Turkey. Yeah, sorry not sorry.

The Ukies, OTOH, are willing to fight and die for their country and their freedom. That is a country worth fighting to help.

And it has fuck all to do with White vs Brown skin.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert

BTW meli...... how do you translate that above post into Japanese? Because, had the US not gone into the Pacific to save a bunch of white tossers on your prison island, that's exactly what language you'd be typing in right now. Or I guess technically German, since you said you originally came from the UK, iirc.

Just saying.