Washington Post 1, Project Veritas 0

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Why does someone of such sterling stature and honesty as Former Judge Moore need the silly fake Bernie Bernstein robocalls and now the moronic James O'Keefe, whose integrity rivals Nailing Malarkey's, to try to discredit news outlets with phony victims?  Is that really representative of the integrity of the Alabama or national GOP?  I sure hope not.  

Why not try to discredit the Post with the truth, instead of obvious lies, if Moore is indeed innocent?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.57d2d18eedf7

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Why does someone of such sterling stature and honesty as Former Judge Moore need the silly fake Bernie Bernstein robocalls and now the moronic James O'Keefe, whose integrity rivals Nailing Malarkey's, to try to discredit news outlets with phony victims?  Is that really representative of the integrity of the Alabama or national GOP?  I sure hope not.  

Why not try to discredit the Post with the truth, instead of obvious lies, if Moore is indeed innocent?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.57d2d18eedf7
Malarkey LOVED James O'Keefe, and defended him aggressively.

O'Keefe can't help but stepping on his own dick every time he tries something these days.

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
Malarkey LOVED James O'Keefe, and defended him aggressively.

O'Keefe can't help but stepping on his own dick every time he tries something these days.
I don't think it's so much O'Keefe but the fact his schtick has been worn out now. No-one is going to feel comfortable around new clients/sources that get too pushy about taking a stand on something politically sensitive anymore. Wouldn't matter if it is another Project Veritas "sting" or someone else trying it; no-one with half a brain extends that level of trust to strangers anymore.

I do like the fact that The Washington Post showed them exactly how an investigative journalism really works though. Tracking their "source" back to O'Keefe and nailing them to their failed sting was just golden.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
I don't think it's so much O'Keefe but the fact his schtick has been worn out now. No-one is going to feel comfortable around new clients/sources that get too pushy about taking a stand on something politically sensitive anymore. Wouldn't matter if it is another Project Veritas "sting" or someone else trying it; no-one with half a brain extends that level of trust to strangers anymore.

I do like the fact that The Washington Post showed them exactly how an investigative journalism really works though. Tracking their "source" back to O'Keefe and nailing them to their failed sting was just golden.
Project Vertias is the Keystone Cops of investigative journalism.

Worse, really because they are generally going into a place where nothing is going on then trying to manufacture evidence that there was. Or distort the evidence to make it look like there was.

So they're like the Keystone Cops, if the KC was always trying to plant drugs and weapons on innocent people while ending up shooting themselves in the dick and getting the dime bag stuck up in one of their employees' asses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Project Vertias is the Keystone Cops of investigative journalism.

Worse, really because they are generally going into a place where nothing is going on then trying to manufacture evidence that there was. Or distort the evidence to make it look like there was.

So they're like the Keystone Cops, if the KC was always trying to plant drugs and weapons on innocent people while ending up shooting themselves in the dick and getting the dime back stuck up in one of their employees' asses.
Roscoe P. Coltraine was more creative, with his phony fire hydrant.  And his followers were more mature.  O'kweef is a moron.  

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
I don't get it. What was their end game in this one? Did they have an underhanded plan to get the story run in the WaPo, and then pull the rug out by saying they invented the whole thing? Or were they going to disown the woman, pretend they never met her, and destroy her (and WaPo's) credibility by proving she was faking the whole story?

Clove Hitch

Halyard licker
around and about
I don't get it. What was their end game in this one? Did they have an underhanded plan to get the story run in the WaPo, and then pull the rug out by saying they invented the whole thing? Or were they going to disown the woman, pretend they never met her, and destroy her (and WaPo's) credibility by proving she was faking the whole story?
Ya, I think the plan was to punk the WaPo- discredit them and make them look dumb.  What's great is that the dumb little agent lady realized that she was now the story and that is when she bailed.

The project veritas people really aren't that crafty.  Remember when he was trying to set up some Hungarian non profit and didn't know that he hadn't hung up after he left a message.? 

“Hey, Dana,” a voice began. The caller sounded to her like an older American male. “My name is, uh, Victor Kesh. I’m a Hungarian-American who represents a, uh, foundation . . . that would like to get involved with you and aid what you do in fighting for, um, European values.” He asked Geraghty for the name of someone he could talk to “about supporting you guys and coördinating with you on some of your efforts.” Requesting a callback, he left a phone number with a 914 area code—Westchester County.

She heard a click, a pause, and then a second male voice. The person who had introduced himself as Kesh said, “Don’t say anything . . . before I hang up the phone.”

That piqued my interest,” Geraghty recalls. Other aspects of the message puzzled her: “Who says they’re with a foundation without saying which one? He sounded scattered. And usually people call to get funding, not to offer it.” Victor Kesh, she suspected, was “someone passing as someone else.”

She continued to listen, and the man’s voice suddenly took on a more commanding tone. The caller had failed to hang up, and Kesh, unaware that he was still being recorded, seemed to be conducting a meeting about how to perpetrate an elaborate sting on Soros. “What needs to happen,” he said, is for “someone other than me to make a hundred phone calls like that”—to Soros, to his employees, and to the Democracy Alliance, a club of wealthy liberal political donors that Soros helped to found, which is expected to play a large role in financing this year’s campaigns. Kesh described sending into the Soros offices an “undercover” agent who could “talk the talk” with Open Society executives. Kesh’s goal wasn’t fully spelled out on the recording, but the gist was that an operative posing as a potential donor could penetrate Soros’s operation and make secret videos that exposed embarrassing activities. Soros, he assured the others, has “thousands of organizations” on the left in league with him

The accidental recording reached farcical proportions when Kesh announced that he was opening Geraghty’s LinkedIn page on his computer. He planned to check her résumé and leverage the information to penetrate the Soros “octopus.” Kesh said, “She’s probably going to call me back, and if she doesn’t I can create other points of entry.” Suddenly, Kesh realized that by opening Geraghty’s LinkedIn page he had accidentally revealed his own LinkedIn identity to her. (LinkedIn can let users see who has looked at their pages.) “Whoa!” an accomplice warned. “Log out!” 
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/30/james-okeefe-accidentally-stings-himself

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River

I think the first part of the question answers the rest....

Judge (And I use the term loosely) Moore has no sterling stature, nor any shred of honesty. He's a sleaze ball, and a damned good reason to question authority in such cases.

I would not stand trial in front of Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
They were going to Dan Rather the WaPo, but the post did what real journalists do and verified the story. So much for the questions about their original story on this topic. 

Rumbulls

Super Anarchist
Boyne City
Wow... a news organization that actually researched a lead and found it to be fraudulent.    

Like them or hate them, this is good news.

Factories have pop inspections, service industries send people into stores to make sure they're treated properly... hell they even made a TV show about bosses going undercover in their own businesses....  

Good for the Washington post.

Mark K

Super Anarchist

He managed to enhance the WaPo's reputation...which raises an interesting questions of which side he is really working for. Did Fake News turn him or has he been their boy all along?? 

Mark K

Super Anarchist
O'Queef is not that subtle.
So it seems, but here's the question: If you were trying to infiltrate the RW media, would you adopt a sane and intelligent persona?

The main thing I am looking at is his perfect record as a rake detector. A blindfolded idiot would miss stepping on one every now an again.  

Latest posts