well, this is broken to the point of unuseability...

gt-MTb

Easy there internet bad ass...

460B037F-A6B0-40BD-8E25-EFF8ACDF67ED.jpeg

robalex117

Super Anarchist
Had a bunch of threads I was following. Can see how I can now see that lists. Also there ia a new thing called watched threads. Not the end of the world but also not very user friendly. Had anybody figured out who the new owner is?

The "Jump to New" box only seems to appear if there are unread posts, otherwise it's hidden. Good UI design advocates showing but disabling features that are not available so you don't run into situations like this where some people see a button and some don't.

Of course this wouldn't be so annoying if the thread automatically jumped to the last read or first unread post.

Also, after reading to the end of a thread, what is the recommended way to go back to forum thread list? There used to be a "back to forum" link at the bottom of the page but that seems to be missing now.
EDIT: OK... I see now there is a breadcrumb list at the bottom of the page that brings you back to the top. That's acceptable.

Last edited:

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Had a bunch of threads I was following. Can see how I can now see that lists. Also there ia a new thing called watched threads. Not the end of the world but also not very user friendly. Had anybody figured out who the new owner is?

Somewhere a few weeks ago, there was a brief bio of the new owner, who owns a bunch of sports-related sites, IIRC. But, damned if I could find it, with this new and improved system???

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
I just posted to a few threads in PA, but they did not move to the top of the page, nor show me as the last poster?? But, if you open and go to the last page, there it is, the last post by me.....

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
If there is a new owner, using the expression "owner" in the widest sense, it is a guy on Long Island who helps forum communities monetize their sites. Previously they worked on fishing forums but they have branched out. I am not sure that they buy sites outright or do a deal where they share revenues????

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
Somewhere a few weeks ago, there was a brief bio of the new owner, who owns a bunch of sports-related sites, IIRC. But, damned if I could find it, with this new and improved system???

DavidC59

New England
Hit "Jump to..." on a stream I literally have checked every day for years, and it brought me to May 12 -- several pages of posts away from the last time I was there.
Also, this is about the ugliest interface I've ever seen -- A lot harder to read than what was here before.
Change for the sake of change is a stupid policy.

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
It also appears that no multiquote is available.. also... the heading under a person appears to me to say "Well-known member" to majority of profiles.... Although a profile that used to be 'newbie' is now "active member"
Multipost does work.. just keep on clikcing reply and the post you want to reply to is added to previous reply (prior to posting reply)

Last edited:

h20man

Anarchy Organiser
ocean
The latest activity was not imported.. so the whole history of your activity is just from using the new forum...

Latest posts