Weta anarchy

Blaise

Hamilton, ON
I’d like to attach a cargo net to the bulkhead under the mast step to store snacks, spray top, tow line etc. Is it safe to screw fairleads to the bulkhead or shall I epoxy them?

MultiThom

Super Anarchist
Benicia, CA
I’d like to attach a cargo net to the bulkhead under the mast step to store snacks, spray top, tow line etc. Is it safe to screw fairleads to the bulkhead or shall I epoxy them?
Inflatable SUP accessories include "stick on" eyes that use pretty aggressive adhesive so no epoxy or drilling would need be done. Here's one example at eBay SUP deck rigging Check to ensure it includes the adhesive, the ones at Amazon don't.

Last edited:

unShirley

Super Anarchist
Ventura
I smoked a well sailed Farr 400 today on a gennaker reach in 13-15 kts of wind and 1'-3' seas. Color me pleasantly surprised. Gotta try and wipe this grin off of my face. I think I had more fun on my 14' singlehander than all 11 of those guys did on the 6 figure racing machine.

Blaise

Hamilton, ON
Does anybody have a forestay handy to measure its length? I ordered a new set of shrouds and a new forestay. The latter is easily 6" longer than my old one an I am trying to figure out if I should shorten it or no.

Tom Kirkman

Anarchist
I smoked a well sailed Farr 400 today on a gennaker reach in 13-15 kts of wind and 1'-3' seas. Color me pleasantly surprised. Gotta try and wipe this grin off of my face. I think I had more fun on my 14' singlehander than all 11 of those guys did on the 6 figure racing machine.
The Screecher on the Weta is it's best feature. It absolutely makes the boat. In 20 to 25 knot winds, all sails in tight, coming up on the wind hard and letting the screecher run is an abolutely magical feeling.

sail(plane)

Anarchist
Does anybody have a forestay handy to measure its length? I ordered a new set of shrouds and a new forestay. The latter is easily 6" longer than my old one an I am trying to figure out if I should shorten it or no.
What I have is:
the total distance from the forestay attachment in the mast, all the way to the deck at the bridle=4720 mm

Jib luff= 4450 mm

Not what you asked for, I know

the_c

This is the measurement of my forestay ... including the knuckle ... the little fella was holding the end and the tape measure together with the knucle, so it shouldn't be more than a couple of mm out ... inches included for free

looks like about 4710mm to me ... +/- small child error ...

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Should have asked them for some Grey Poupon when you went zipping by.. :p

Chidz

Sydney
The season is about to get going Downunder - pleased to head out with a new Weta owner on the weekend for his first sail (albeit a very quiet one)

20220821_123643a.jpg

20220821_123756a.jpg

munt

Super Anarchist
The belt
Which lakes do you prefer? I just spent a few days at Lake Norman and though the wind wasn't doing much it sure is a beautiful place.