Weta anarchy

Chidz

Sydney
I was watching the 18 Footers JJ Giltinan Championship Race 2 on YouTube and twice saw a white Weta with a blue gennaker go sailing by.
one of our local Weta fleets sail out of Woollahra Sailing Club and with their courses overlapping it is quite often you see a couple of Wetas on the weekly18s coverage. Even now & then they tangle - unfortunately the 18s sometimes think they own the Harbour and it gets messy. There is footage going around of a few years ago where one 18 ignored fundamental right of way and ploughed right into one of our Wetas. Needless to say, pleasantries were exchanged.

I was watching the 18 Footers JJ Giltinan Championship Race 2 on YouTube and twice saw a white Weta with a blue gennaker go sailing by.
My son is middle body on The Kitchen Breaker Maker. It's one of the reasons I decided to get a Weta. I'm too old for an 18 (but not Woody!) but I can still have a blast on the Weta. It is by far the most fun I've had sailing. Beautifully built, great racing, great people.

sail(plane)

Anarchist
Guys is there any other possibility than bolt or omega corrosion for this stain? I only sail in fresh water . If I had to change any of these, how?? Thks
20230409_170950.jpg

unShirley

Super Anarchist
Ventura
I had to replace that saddle once on #147. The backing plate inside the ama was adhered in place, there was no risk of it dropping. That said, after removing the old bolts, I had to thread a fishing line through the holes and out the stern port. I got long bolts, filed the end into a rectangular shape, tied it to the fishing line, and pulled it through the hull and through the holes. Then, after starting the nut, I used pliers on the rectangular shaped end to hold the bold while I spun the nut down with a wrench. Finally, I cut the bolts off, close to the nut. The first one took about 45 minutes, the second one took only 15 minutes. Repetition increases speed :). BTW: I had contacted Wetamarine and they supplied me with the instructions as to how to do it.

Last edited:

unShirley

Super Anarchist
Ventura
If there any Anarchists in the Santa Barbara area that are curious about the Weta, there will be four of us at the ramp tomorrow afternoon setting up our boats for the SBYC Skiff Festival this weekend (see...we really are a skiff with training wheels :cool: ). A fifth Weta is joining us Saturday morning.

Latest posts