What are Earnies options

luminary

Anarchist
So the Judge has heard the arguments and is now determining if the 2007 rules are to be used and whether these allow for the use of engines and balast.

What say she comes back and says, 2007 are the rules, no engine. What options does EB have? It seems to me that there is very liitle scope for adding grinding positions to CZ and the whole design is centered around hydrolics. Is he screwed if engines are out?

Peelman

Super Anarchist
Vancouver, BC
So the Judge has heard the arguments and is now determining if the 2007 rules are to be used and whether these allow for the use of engines and balast.
What say she comes back and says, 2007 are the rules, no engine. What options does EB have? It seems to me that there is very liitle scope for adding grinding positions to CZ and the whole design is centered around hydrolics. Is he screwed if engines are out?
maybe another appeal to buy more time..........

peejay

Super Anarchist
2007 rules and no engine would be pretty much game over for Alinghi.

(Now if it was BOR it would be a totally different story: obviously BOR would have foreseeen this and have a second boat in the shed to counter the situation) ;)

NAMT

Super Anarchist

He might search for unemployed Olympic weightlifters or rowers, Sumo wrestlers, Tour de France cyclists, arm wrestling champs etc

Build a gimbaled platform midships for the grinders & buy lots of universal joints for the drive shafts.

&

Check out the compressed air cylinder market.

Last edited by a moderator:

luminary

Anarchist

He might search for unemployed Olympic weightlifters or rowers, Sumo wrestlers, Tour de France cyclists, arm wrestling champs etc

Build a gimbaled platform midships for the grinders & buy lots of universal joints for the drive shafts.

&

Check out the compressed air cylinder market.
I cant imagine that SNG hasnt considered this as a possibility, but it does seem that they have put all their eggs in one basket.

It's odd to me too the flip/flop that opinionators on the forum have to the issue. Prior to the arguments, it was "how can SNG possibly expect to get away with this" now its "how can GGYC catch up". Especially since no judgement has been made.

Whatever way it goes, I think GGYC is in a stronger position. Engines in, they can probably adapt. Engines out, SNG is sol.