what are people using for mast jacks?

boatschit

Anarchist
... EnerPak used to be the standard for mast jacks and the cost isn't all that much, but they all rust.

Is there any other mast jack rigs that people have found besides EnerPak?

If so, what are the choices today?

ADK

Anarchist
The Enerpac rams work great, just don't leave them on the boat to rust. When it's tuned, the mast should be sitting on the bricks, not the jacks. Then you can remove the jacks and lifting bar.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Enerpac's get the nod 'cause they're off the shelf, mass produced, de-bugged, available at almost any real hardware store. It would be easy to make something rust-proof, but a lot more money for a peice of gear that usually only gets used 4 - 6 times a year.

damp_freddie

Super Anarchist
Kabul SC
The Enerpac rams work great, just don't leave them on the boat to rust. When it's tuned, the mast should be sitting on the bricks, not the jacks. Then you can remove the jacks and lifting bar.

I remember a one tonner I think called sapphire which had the ram in with chocks during races.

What type of boats have 'in situ' mast rams these days?

Hamish the cat

We used an integral enerpac ram on the swan 70 I ran. It always worried me that it would rust itself into a useless lump inside the rig but we kept it lathered in grease and 3 years in it was still working fine and hadnt rusted too bad.