What Are You Doing During Your COVID Vacation?

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I started shrinking a eucalyptus slab that's been sitting on a table in the lanai.  I'm really good at making wood smaller and tools duller.

OctoTable_001.jpg

Really roughed out pedestal.  Feet are white oak.  No idea how this will weather but it's a COVID vacay and anything goes.

OctoTable_002.jpg

The white oak post that goes in the middle

OctoTable_003.jpg

The SO is out back in the blistering heat doing brightwork.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Working from home or office. Alternating days in the office with paralegal. Organizing next season’s offshore race project. Building a new old trailer for my diesel launch. When that’s done, (soon), I’ll get back to driving to the boat ramp 350’ down the street, launching the boat, putting the dog in the boat, and enjoying my solitude on the water, as the only fat goofy redneck on the St. John’s River not doing 60 mph in a fluorescent bass boat. 

burndoc

Super Anarchist
South Jersey
If you kiss someone then follow it up with a shot of booze, will it kill the virus?  I think it's time to do a study.
Would like to volunteer but practice safe distancing and monogamy with wife of 25 years. But so far it has been working well with us two

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Took everything out of the attic, went through it all (still going through it all more like). Cleaning, watching the world go to shit. The usual. 

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Just finished painting the kitchen. When the rain stops we'll go back to gardening.

Got a bit of varnishing to finish up as well.

Plus spending an unhealthy amount of time here.
If you keep getting the varnish out it will never stop raining.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
If you keep getting the varnish out it will never stop raining.
He lives in a temperate rainforest. It never stops raining.

Me, 

Still working.

after the 15 second commute to the shop, I've got:

Emergency rudder, tiller head all lined up and glued on last night, need to laminate the right about of carbon now to hold in place. Tiller is a nice carbon windsurf mast, cut appropriately.

building some saddles for the spin and jockey poles.

got paint for this weekend, kitchen and hallways. Kitchen is a bit of a bother as the ceilings are 13' high. 

Doing the walk with wife thing, agreed, Dog likes it.

Rushman

FIIGS
Melbourne, Aust
I started shrinking a eucalyptus slab that's been sitting on a table in the lanai.  I'm really good at making wood smaller and tools duller.

View attachment 353503

Really roughed out pedestal.  Feet are white oak.  No idea how this will weather but it's a COVID vacay and anything goes.

View attachment 353504

The white oak post that goes in the middle

View attachment 353505

The SO is out back in the blistering heat doing brightwork.
Hidden in these photos is evidence that @Jules is not male...

Can anyone else find it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Today I was cementing and perforating an oil well about a mile and a half deep. Tomorrow is pumping 10,000 gallons of 15% HCL. About 30 miles from the nearest town, 5 miles from the nearest home. Actually kind of fun, if you like this sort of thing (I do).