What brands from the 70s/80s would you resurrect?

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Tug's Tavern in San Diego at Pacific Beach!

3605_TugsMission851116.jpg

Twenty Years Ago The eternal moment at Tug's Tavern in Pacific Beach: the Grateful Dead are plinking loudly from corner speakers, but the ball game on the television sets behind the bar is louder. A group of young hodaddies divide their attention between the game, their beer glasses, and the blonde sauntering down Emerald Street. Two biker chicks are playing pool, their faded back pockets providing points of interest to three scraggly-bearded dudes sharing a pitcher.... In a month, when Tug's closes after 17 years, everybody's favorite neighborhood, biker, cowboy, jock, family, and singles bar will be just another fallen icon. -- CITY LIGHTS: "WHERE WE USED TO RAISE A GLASS OR TWO," Neal Matthews, October 24, 1985

Last edited by a moderator:

Laker

Super Anarchist
PNW
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tug's Tavern in San Diego at Pacific Beach!

3605_TugsMission851116.jpg

Twenty Years Ago The eternal moment at Tug's Tavern in Pacific Beach: the Grateful Dead are plinking loudly from corner speakers, but the ball game on the television sets behind the bar is louder. A group of young hodaddies divide their attention between the game, their beer glasses, and the blonde sauntering down Emerald Street. Two biker chicks are playing pool, their faded back pockets providing points of interest to three scraggly-bearded dudes sharing a pitcher.... In a month, when Tug's closes after 17 years, everybody's favorite neighborhood, biker, cowboy, jock, family, and singles bar will be just another fallen icon. -- CITY LIGHTS: "WHERE WE USED TO RAISE A GLASS OR TWO," Neal Matthews, October 24, 1985

Back when "Thunderbolt the Wondercolt" was the house band and all the old ladies giggled when they were asked for their ID.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
On 1/5/2019 at 10:24 AM, Amati said:

Don’t know if anyone makes the OsloJolle any more.  It was a fast little fiberglass clinker. Our neighbor, named Carlson (ja sure, ya betcha!) had one, and he and my dad did a horizon job on the Wednesday beer can fleet. Sailed it a couple of times.  Sweet.

looks like a big snipe

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
In about 1972 or so, the R33 won the one ton NAs or Worlds maybe in SD (West Coast in either case).  The field included the Ranger One Ton (great boat).  The 33TR now rates around 150 with the 1T somewhere in the 120-130 range.  Crack the sheets just a bit and there's no question which boat I'd rather be on.  Gary Mull designed both but the 1T was nothing but pain to sail.  Did a little time on the 27 and maybe the best MORC boat of all time.  Enjoy, you have a great boat JPD!
there's a 29 available in Wisc,   dirt cheapm not mine 

http://sailingtexas.com/201801/sranger29105.html

picranger29105a.jpg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
For the cat rig I suspect the wishbones would be better - from my book learnin' anyway.

I was wondering if any had been conventionally rigged - sloop or cutter.