What ever happened to the Moore 30

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
The modified Hobie33 that Larry Klein was lost from did not have a canting keel - it had a turbo rig and racks.

The first functional canting keel was from the Dyna Yachts guys in San Diego. They had a couple test-bed boats, I believe the first one was a Soling, and later a Catalina 27. I think.

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
The modified Hobie33 that Larry Klein was lost from did not have a canting keel - it had a turbo rig and racks.

The first functional canting keel was from the Dyna Yachts guys in San Diego. They had a couple test-bed boats, I believe the first one was a Soling, and later a Catalina 27. I think.
I thought I heard it also had a forward rudder? Anyway, the failure was the rack engineering. Starboard rack broke off and everyone but one person fell into the water and the boat sailed away. The sole person left on board did not know how to sail. I believe that person was involved in the modifications. I will say the thing was really fast upwind up to that point. I forget whether it corrected out in the races it completed before it broke.

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
geometrically correct traveler. Moore gets it.
1661284634187.png