What happened with our friend STINGRAY ?!

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
why you can't edit it? do you get any errors?
I can edit the post, but that bit just doesn't come up. No errors either.

Just double checked it this morning, @ 100% sober, and it's still the same (btw, last night 99%).
Will try to repeat the whole process, after coffee, and see if it comes up again.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Sorry @techadmin,

Strange things happening with the ignore function, in the last few hours.
Have you perhaps been working on that software?

For instance, the ignore option was the wrong way around, for a while.
Then for ignored users no notification was given, then they came back, and now they are gone again.

Never mind, I wiil try again tonight or tomorrow.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Reading this thread I think what some people want is that when you ignore someone, if that person posts they get a message saying they have been ignored (to highlight the fact), but also the person gets a notification that x posts by that person have been ignored. A count of smugness you might call it.

I do agree however that giving someone the option to block other people from seeing one's own posts has many dangers

Lakrass

Why create an empty thread? #IggyAnarchist

More seriously not using it (much) but can understand the reciprocity thing when someone become a target. Not sure 4 and spamdaddy would have spared us though...

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
It seems that if you ignore someone, any thread they create is invisible to you, in its entirety. You don't even know it is there. That isn't how it previously worked and it isn't what I personally want.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
It seems that if you ignore someone, any thread they create is invisible to you, in its entirety. You don't even know it is there. That isn't how it previously worked and it isn't what I personally want.
No worries about serious thread drift then, Doggy?

Although there could be a whole bunch of UFO's awash around hereabouts.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Sometimes a thread drift is better than the original topic, e.g. for this very thread.

Sorry Rennie, there is hardly any thread drift here.

In my opening post I said "Most of his posts seem to have disappeared. Is this a new ignore feature, or WTF is going on ?!".
Doggy just brought up a new, so far unknown, consequence of the new ignore function.
That''s entirely on subject.

Jethrow

Super Anarchist
It must be the new Ignore feature as he has a few posts above, but you probably won't see this either 'cause you said you had me on ignore too! :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Rennie, there is hardly any thread drift here.

In my opening post I said "Most of his posts seem to have disappeared. Is this a new ignore feature, or WTF is going on ?!".
Doggy just brought up a new, so far unknown, consequence of the new ignore function.
That''s entirely on subject.
Maybe my answer to your question might have solved it. It's post #2 in this thread if you want to check, but I guess I'm still in iggy so you won't see this either. ;)

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Maybe my answer to your question might have solved it. It's post #2 in this thread if you want to check, but I guess I'm still in iggy so you won't see this either. ;)

No need for me to check your post, I remember it very well.
And neither did your post in any way solve my question, because you seem to think that I have Stinger on ignore. Not so, he's got me on ignore.
I may not have made that clear in my opening post, but Stinger said earlier "I have added the 6 usual complete jack-asses to my Ignore list.", and I have made it clear in many Stingy posts that he ignores me, or at least tries to ignore me.
Never mind, just a misunderstanding.

And where did you get the notion that I have you on ignore?
Or are you just taking the piss...

Jethrow

Super Anarchist
It's all good @Fiji Bitter . You indicated I was on ignore in the post below. I still read & enjoy your stuff though... :giggle:
1657318940931.png

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
It's all good @Fiji Bitter . You indicated I was on ignore in the post below. I still read & enjoy your stuff though... :giggle:

Ha, ha, ha, fuck yeah, I had forgotten about that little jab!

I'm really sorry to have caused you so much distress.
You see, I'm colour blind for red and green, and they both appear purple to me. Very handy when navigating in busy traffic at night. I usually solve that little problem by switching off my tricolor light...
And switching on my disco party strobe lights.
strobe light GIF by Gorillaz

Now, that's thread drift..

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
JFC, @techadmin

Edit:
Adding users to Ignore does not seem to work anymore.

And now that fucking stupid 2-way ignore function is back, AND checked by default as well !!!.

• Enable 2-way ignore If checked, the users that you ignore won't be able to see your content at all.
Trust that will be corrected soonest.

Last edited:

barfy

Super Anarchist
JFC, @techadmin

Edit:
Adding users to Ignore does not seem to work anymore.

And now that fucking stupid 2-way ignore function is back, AND checked by default as well !!!.

• Enable 2-way ignore If checked, the users that you ignore won't be able to see your content at all.
Trust that will be corrected soonest.
Bump

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
And BTW @techadmin , abusers on ignore have also disappeared completely, even though that option is unchecked.

Bit of a fuck up, if I may say so, and hope it is not spoiling your holiday...

atwinda

Anarchist
The level you care about whether or not people have you or others on ignore is the biggest troll move on this platform I have ever seen.